• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The shrine is still alive you know!  ;)

Don't you start Saarg is bad enough lol.    ;D

Heeeeeyyy! Watch it mate!  >:(

Well, Monkeyair has a "shrine" to the mediabuild (A toilet planted with flowers in the garden) and you have that absurdity in your signature... 

It's a wonder I stll consider you two friends....  ;D

The shrine is still alive you know!  ;)

Don't you start Saarg is bad enough lol.    ;D

Heeeeeyyy! Watch it mate!  >:(

Well, Monkeyair has a "shrine" to the mediabuild (A toilet planted with flowers in the garden) and you have that absurdity in your signature... 

It's a wonder I stll consider you two friends....  ;D

Yes I remember that beauitiful shrine  ;D I have forgotten all about my signature though. I'll change it if I remember it  ::)

So, the new cables have arrived and they made no difference.

What I have done is enabled the 'Force old status' option in the tv adapters settings and this has reduced my continuity errors to 1 or so.

Then I noticed that the channels that were experiencing drop outs are the channels that are streamed in the h264 format.  The MPEG-2 channels all work fine now.  So this leads me to think that the remaining issue is an audio/video codec issue within the stream profile......

More research and testing required.  Good progress though  :)

fvwoso.png

So, the new cables have arrived and they made no difference.

What I have done is enabled the 'Force old status' option in the tv adapters settings and this has reduced my continuity errors to 1 or so.

Then I noticed that the channels that were experiencing drop outs are the channels that are streamed in the h264 format.  The MPEG-2 channels all work fine now.  So this leads me to think that the remaining issue is an audio/video codec issue within the stream profile......

More research and testing required.  Good progress though  :)

fvwoso.png

Do you experience any dropouts after changing the parameters? I wouldn't worry if you do not experience any dropouts or artifacts.

Dave, I wouldn't worry about that number, that's pretty normal as far as I'm concerned....

Saarg, when you going to change that sig......

MediaBuild Files for unRaid by mediabuild Guru CHBMB

Come on man, give a guy a break lol  ;D

Soon  8)

Soon  8)

LOL. CHBMB, that means his sig will stay until 6.2 is out of beta. My money is on Q1-2017.  ;D ;D ;D

I don't need to stop here for this kind of abuse, I can get this kind of abuse anywhere you know....  ;D

LOL.

Since I'm such a nice person I'm going to change it now  ;) Better?  ;D

The only drop outs now are on two channels that are frankly rubbish anyway.  So all in all it's in a good place.  I think that the 'Force old status' and 'Idle scan' settings sorted me out.

Neil you are the Mediabuild Guru.  You should never forget it! We won't......  :P

LOL.

]ROFLOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm dying here! ;D ;D ;D ;D

"MediaBuild Files for unRaid by Baldy"

Well... He asked for it  ;D ;D

I'm good with that.....  ;D

Guru I'm not, bald I am....  ;D

(Luckily I've not got any hangups about it - hehe)  ;D

The only drop outs now are on two channels that are frankly rubbish anyway.  So all in all it's in a good place.  I think that the 'Force old status' and 'Idle scan' settings sorted me out.

Neil you are the Mediabuild Guru.  You should never forget it! We won't......  :P

LOL.

]ROFLOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm dying here! ;D ;D ;D ;D

"MediaBuild Files for unRaid by Baldy"

Well... He asked for it  ;D ;D

I'm good with that.....  ;D

Guru I'm not, bald I am....  ;D

(Luckily I've not got any hangups about it - hehe)  ;D

Good we finally got it settled  ;D

Hi Guys,

Forgive my ignorance and please be gentle....

I am setting up TVHeadend as the back-end for a number of Raspberry Pis and PCs at home. I have TVHeadend running in a Docker in unRAID 6.1.7. I am hoping two use two USB DVB-T tuners (4 receivers) Afatech AF9033

The application is pretty much up and running but I cannot get the s/w to see all 4 tuners...

At this time I can see  /dev/dvb/adapter0    &    /dev/dvb/adapter1

Both devices show  Afatech AF9033 (DVB-T) : DVB-T #0

I'm not sure if I am seeing one of the USB devices and both of its tuners or if I am only seeing one tuner in each of the USB devices...

I tried using the recommended config for 4 tuners:

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0  --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0  --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0    --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0    --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0

But this would not load....

I shortened it to only two adaptors and it loaded:

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0  --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0  --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0 

I also tried a couple of commands but it was more poke and hope....

root@PVR-PC:~# ls /dev/dvb

adapter0/  adapter1/

root@PVR-PC:~# ls -la /dev/dvb

total 0

drwxr-xr-x  4 nobody users  80 Jan 29 20:18 ./

drwxr-xr-x 16 root  root  4280 Jan 29 20:18 ../

drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Jan 29 20:18 adapter0/

drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Jan 29 20:18 adapter1/

Hope you can shed some light on what I am doing wrong

All the best

Nigel

Hi Nigel

I think that it may be more to do with the firmware of your tuners.  By searching with the gift of google I read "The firmware driver for the Afatech AF9035 demodulator and USB bridge is not supported in the kernel and must be installed separately".

Hopefully one of the "Grown ups" on here can give you a good steer to get them working  :)

It looks to me that you only have one of the adapters recognized. If it's dual tuners, you should have 2 more adapters in /dev/dvb.

Check that both of the adapters work by using one at a time.

Please post the system log so we can check what is going on.

Thanks Saarg and Monkeyair for the quick responses.

I'll try disconnecting each of the USB devices in turn to see if it is connecting to both or just one. I have managed to use both  simultaneously using a windows app on the same machine previously but was attracted to the unRAID / Docker setup. I have been using unRAID as a NAS for 5 years plus and have another machine dedicated for that. This is more of a pre-production set-up to get the PVR function stable enough to get SWMBO approval... and then build on functionality with a few other Dockers....

I did download the plugin MediaTreeCheck and it shows:

Media Tree: DETECTED

DVB Adapter: DETECTED

I have attached the Syslog which I hope is useful. I did look through it and saw at least one of the receivers being detected but it's not clear to me if both are seen.... Disadvantage of two identical tuners ?

My ambition is to add a third USB tuner if possible so I can access all my local muxes simultaneously (No blocking of recordings of any channel across all DVB-T, not bothered about DVB-T2 just yet). I had considered the HDHomerun as it seems more robust than USB but they are not readily available in the UK and cost is always an issue...

Thanks again, I do some more testing of the H/W and update later today.

Best Regards

TVHeadend_SysLog_160130.txt

OK, while it looked as if one of my TV Sticks were faulty I have now swapped them and they both work on their own when connected individually... (only one USB connected at a time).

I dare to suggest that because it is two 'identical' USB devices the app is not reacting well to having them both connected simultaneously.

Not sure what the next step should be

Hi Monkeyair,

Do you have 'one' of the Dual/Quad TBS cards ? I see they are circa £100 plus...

I wonder if anyone has successfully used more than 1 identical device in the same set-up ?

I am ideally looking for a 4 (quad) tuner set-up so as to prevent the occasional blocking due to schedule conflicts, having HD would probably be a bonus but not sure how the Raspberry Pis would handle this or may relatively basic PC set up so it's not a deal breaker...

I'm so impressed with the functionality available it's just getting it tweaked to deal with a few rough edges in my install..

All the best

Nigel

OK, while it looked as if one of my TV Sticks were faulty I have now swapped them and they both work on their own when connected individually... (only one USB connected at a time).

I dare to suggest that because it is two 'identical' USB devices the app is not reacting well to having them both connected simultaneously.

Not sure what the next step should be

I'll take a look at the syslog when I have some time today. But it's not a tvheadend problem. It's only one of the USBs that is recognized as you only have 2 adapters in /dev/dvb.

So it might be a driver issue.