[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So how do I set up WebGrab+Plus and get the xmltv file I need?  Just so damn confusing.  I'm pretty sure I have WebGrab+Plus installed correctly but no idea how to get the file I need.

This all depends on the source you are using. To find out how to configure your source you have to check how to do it on the WG++ website.

On most of the sources you have to edit the webgrab++.config.xml file and insert your channels and days to grab. The config file you'll find in the appdata folder you specific when installing the container.

You'll find the sources under EPG channels on their site.

So how do I set up WebGrab+Plus and get the xmltv file I need?  Just so damn confusing.  I'm pretty sure I have WebGrab+Plus installed correctly but no idea how to get the file I need.

I got so frustrated with WGP+ that I made the zap2xml container: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=46330.msg442681#msg442681

Not that WGP+ doesn't work (it does), but it is a real pain to setup and grabs data a snails pace!  zap2xml does that same in no time at all.

Or you can use xmltv that is in the container already. Info in the first post about how to set it up.

I forgot about that option. If you use schedules direct with two different lineups you can try johnodons masterpieces  :D

Or you can use xmltv that is in the container already. Info in the first post about how to set it up.

I forgot about that option. If you use schedules direct with two different lineups you can try johnodons masterpieces  :D

Thanks for the plug.  :)

Actually, I have 2 zap2xml containers.  One for single lineup and the other is for 2 lineups (special cases).  The data @ zap2it.com should be consistent wit what is pulled from schedules direct...except it is free.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi saarg,

I'm not able to pull from docker.io at the moment. Would you know why:

root@Tower:~# docker run -d --name="Tvheadend4-Stable-DVB-Tuners" --net="host" -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/Tvheadend4-Stable-DVB-Tuners":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Recorded TV/":"/recordings"
:rw -v "/mnt/user":"/unraid":rw --device=/dev/dvb/ tobbenb/tvheadend4-stable
Unable to find image 'tobbenb/tvheadend4-stable:latest' locally
Pulling repository docker.io/tobbenb/tvheadend4-stable
docker: Error: image tobbenb/tvheadend4-stable not found.
See 'docker run --help'.
root@Tower:~# docker run -d --name="Tvheadend4-Stable-DVB-Tuners" --net="host" -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/Tvheadend4-Stable-DVB-Tuners":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Recorded TV/":"/recordings":rw -v "/mnt/user":"/unraid":rw --device=/dev/dvb/ tobbenb/tvheadend
Unable to find image 'tobbenb/tvheadend:latest' locally
Pulling repository docker.io/tobbenb/tvheadend
489fd7ae5c2c: Error pulling image (latest) from docker.io/tobbenb/tvheadend, HTTP code 400 
f7eef3e8d2a5: Error pulling layer metadata 
docker: Error pulling image (latest) from docker.io/tobbenb/tvheadend, HTTP code 400.
See 'docker run --help'.

Hi saarg,

root@Tower:~# docker run -d --name="Tvheadend4-Stable-DVB-Tuners" --net="host" -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/Tvheadend4-Stable-DVB-Tuners":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Recorded TV/":"/recordings"
See 'docker run --help'.
root@Tower:~# docker run -d --name="Tvheadend4-Stable-DVB-Tuners" --net="host" -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/Tvheadend4-Stable-DVB-Tuners":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Recorded TV/":"/recordings":rw -v "/mnt/user":"/unraid":rw --device=/dev/dvb/ tobbenb/tvheadend
489fd7ae5c2c: Error pulling image (latest) from docker.io/tobbenb/tvheadend, HTTP code 400 
docker: Error pulling image (latest) from docker.io/tobbenb/tvheadend, HTTP code 400.
See 'docker run --help'.

It looks to me that you have edited the repository field and changed it from tobbenb/tvheadend to tobbenb/tvheadend4-stable.

Try to change it to tobbenb/tvheadend and try again.

Hi saarg,

See 'docker run --help'.
See 'docker run --help'.

It looks to me that you have edited the repository field and changed it from tobbenb/tvheadend to tobbenb/tvheadend4-stable.

Try to change it to tobbenb/tvheadend and try again.

I tried again after updating the Community Applications plugin and clicking the 'Update Applications' button. Here's the output:

Pulling image: tobbenb/tvheadend:latest
IMAGE ID [489fd7ae5c2c]: Pulling image (latest) from docker.io/tobbenb/tvheadend. Pulling image (latest) from docker.io/tobbenb/tvheadend, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/. Pulling dependent layers. 
IMAGE ID [f7eef3e8d2a5]: Pulling metadata. 

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Nuke and pave.

I've deleted and re-created my docker image, rebooted the server and still getting the same error. I'm out of ideas...

Did you use the user template when you re-installed or did you install it from CA?

Make a screenshot of the template in advanced mode.

Nuke and pave.

I've deleted and re-created my docker image, rebooted the server and still getting the same error. I'm out of ideas...

Did you use the user template when you re-installed or did you install it from CA?

I've been trying to create it via the 'Add' button in CA.

I've attached the template screenshot, as well as the results - the results seem to indicate maybe a connectivity or download issue (Maybe it's on my side but then why would it be limited to docker.io downloads?)

docker.png.6a6407c4886cb0c4192fc8b0813a2678.png

Result.png.34566d3455af34c6039dfa5edbc61a7b.png

Try setting static DNS addresses in network settings of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Also, before anyone points out why the description / overview for this app looks the way it does, its because 6.2 parses things a bit differently than 6.1.9 (which does look the way it is intended to look by the author)

CA passes identical XMLs regardless of which OS version is running

(and I can install this through CA no problems - although I don't have the hardware to know if it actually works)

Nuke and pave.

I've been trying to create it via the 'Add' button in CA.

I've attached the template screenshot, as well as the results - the results seem to indicate maybe a connectivity or download issue (Maybe it's on my side but then why would it be limited to docker.io downloads?)

I would do as squid says regarding DNS. If you have this problem on all dockers it's most likely a problem with your internet connection.

I have tested here with both 6.1.9 and 6.2.0 beta20 and have no problems.

Also, before anyone points out why the description / overview for this app looks the way it does, its because 6.2 parses things a bit differently than 6.1.9 (which does look the way it is intended to look by the author)

(and I can install this through CA no problems - although I don't have the hardware to know if it actually works)

The description looks correct in basic view, but I guess in advanced view it changes mode so you could edit the template instead of the XML for us "developers". Haven't had time to play with 6.2 much..

I'm already using Google Public DNS but will switch back to ISP-provided DNS and see if that makes a difference  :'(

SSH your server and type

ping 8.8.8.8

and post the output.

PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8. 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=33.8 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=33.7 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=3 ttl=51 time=33.5 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=4 ttl=51 time=34.0 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=5 ttl=51 time=33.4 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=6 ttl=51 time=33.4 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=7 ttl=51 time=33.8 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=8 ttl=51 time=33.6 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=9 ttl=51 time=33.0 ms