[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

Hello, in first thanks for your docker.

I had install and start the docks, no problems.

But my docker thvhendend don't see my hdhomerun. My HDhomme run is not usb, but IP.

1459857430.png

Can you help me ?

Thanks

You have to edit the container and change the network mode from bridge to host. Then it should work.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, in first thanks for your docker.

I had install and start the docks, no problems.

But my docker thvhendend don't see my hdhomerun. My HDhomme run is not usb, but IP.

1459857430.png

Can you help me ?

Thanks

You have to edit the container and change the network mode from bridge to host. Then it should work.

Thanks saarg for your speed reply.

But i use this docker on a synology, not a unraid.

You know how the network parameter mode on synology ?

Thanks

You're on the wrong forum mate  ;)

I don't know how synology implemented docker and I'm not going to find out either.

Don't you have somewhere to set bridge or host network for the container? If not, maybe you have something called privileged mode?

If none of the above, you have to find out all the ports the hdhomerun use and map those.

I updated the tvheadend-unstable Container last night and it won't start anymore.

Log:

"./run: line 3: /usr/local/bin/tvheadend: No such file or directory".

Sorry about that. Seems like they changed something in the build system. I have reverted back to the previous version. Should be ready in a couple of hours.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new to tvheadend and I'm trying to get the Tvheadend4-Stable docker working and it's working great, but I'm having trouble with my EPG that I'm told is fixed in v4.1.  (see thread: https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/20593?r=20954)

Do you plan to update the docker to this version anytime soon?  I notice you have "unstable" versions of the docker, but from what I can tell on the tvheadend website is that v4.1 has been out for about a year!  Is v4.1 still not stable?

Side note: my EPG problem is that it won't pull any EPG for OTA channels.  I'm working through the work-around suggested in the linked thread, but so far that hasn't worked for me.  Getting 4.1 would be much easier!  :P

Thanks for the great work!

4.1 that you see in the tvheadend repository is not a stable release. The latest stable is 4.0.9. If you need to use the development branch 4.1 for a fix, you need to use my unstable container.

Thanks, if you don't mind commenting, just how "unstable" is 4.1?  I'm looking for a low hassle DVR solution so if there is a chance that it'll work fine for me then I'll give it a shot, but otherwise I'll just have to look for another solution (assuming I can't get the aforementioned work-around working).

I use the unstable and have no problem. It might be that there will be issues after I update it, but they usually fix the bugs fast.

If it's working for you, then simply don't update the container until 4.2 is out.

Cool, well I'm trying out the unstable version and the EPG works automatically!  BUT... I can't get the video to play  :-\ (the video worked easily in the stable version).  I'm using a HDhomerun.  But I'm still messing with the settings.... thanks.

I use the unstable and have no problem. It might be that there will be issues after I update it, but they usually fix the bugs fast.

If it's working for you, then simply don't update the container until 4.2 is out.

Cool, well I'm trying out the unstable version and the EPG works automatically!  BUT... I can't get the video to play  :-\ (the video worked easily in the stable version).  I'm using a HDhomerun.  But I'm still messing with the settings.... thanks.

The hdhomerun I can't help you with unfortunately.

I have a question about setting the recording path within TVheadend.  In the docker setup I chose something like "/mnt/user/Videos/Recorded TV/".  Do I just use that same path in the configuration within TVheadend?  I tried that and whenever I click record it just gives me a red exclamation point.

Note: I have still not fixed the streaming video problem, but I did realize that if I remove the "/play/" text from the URL then it redirects it to the stream itself and not the playlist.  This allows me to "save as" the file and when it's done I can play it with VLC.  So I was hoping that maybe I could just record videos but not watch them live through the browser.  In any case I eventually want to be able to do both.

I have a question about setting the recording path within TVheadend.  In the docker setup I chose something like "/mnt/user/Videos/Recorded TV/".  Do I just use that same path in the configuration within TVheadend?  I tried that and whenever I click record it just gives me a red exclamation point.

Note: I have still not fixed the streaming video problem, but I did realize that if I remove the "/play/" text from the URL then it redirects it to the stream itself and not the playlist.  This allows me to "save as" the file and when it's done I can play it with VLC.  So I was hoping that maybe I could just record videos but not watch them live through the browser.  In any case I eventually want to be able to do both.

You have to specify the container path and not the unraid path. So check your volume mapping to see what to set in tvheadend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Saag

I really like this Docker, however i'm having some issues using XMLTV. Somehow i'm only getting 7 days of EPG, using XMLTV, but i know that my providor is providing up to 14 days. Can i in any way see the downloaded xmltv files within the docker, or is it possible to download the files to the config library?

br,

Thomas

Hi Saag

I really like this Docker, however i'm having some issues using XMLTV. Somehow i'm only getting 7 days of EPG, using XMLTV, but i know that my providor is providing up to 14 days. Can i in any way see the downloaded xmltv files within the docker, or is it possible to download the files to the config library?

br,

Thomas

You have to add the number of days to grab in the extra arguments box in the xmltv grabber in the tvheadend settings.

Add the below to get 14 days.

--days 14

Hi Saag

br,

Thomas

You have to add the number of days to grab in the extra arguments box in the xmltv grabber in the tvheadend settings.

--days 14

Extra arguments box? Could you please explain where i find that?

Thomas

Hi Saag

br,

Thomas

--days 14

Thomas

I thought I just did, but here it goes again.

Configuration --> channel/EPG --> EPG grabber module --> Your configured xmltv grabber.

Hi Saag

br,

Thomas

--days 14

Thomas

I thought I just did, but here it goes again.

Configuration --> channel/EPG --> EPG grabber module --> Your configured xmltv grabber.

Found it. Just had to install the unstable version

Hi again Saag

Is it possible for you to compile a TVHeadend version with trancoding support. If you do that, it should be possible to play or show your channels directly in a webbrowser, using HTML5

br,

Thomas

It's already supported. Just click the watch TV button in the webgui on the main page.

Aaahh, ok. I was just pressing the "Play program" on the "broadcast detals" popup(When pressing details on the EPG).

Wonder why that one does not open the HTML5 player screen?

Thomas

Clicking that button only makes an m3u file.

Hi Saarg

I've recently upgraded to 6.2.0 and have had no end of problems with the docker image filling up out of control.

I have found that one of the culprits has been the 'Tvheadend-Unstable-DVB-Tuners' docker.  I believe that it keeps sending the logs to the docker image.  The img continued to grow:

k4ii3c.png

When I enter the TVheadend GUI > Debugging > Then untick 'Enable syslog:'  the docker image seems to stop growing.  I believe that this setting is only temporary until reboot.  Could you help me add a script to the docker to keep the docker from sending logs or find another solution please?

When my docker img gets full the whole system goes into meltdown and freezes up.

Just for info, the other dockers that are causing me problems are the two MKV tools from your repo. I have deleted them pending further investigation...

Thanks