[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

Hi Saarg

I've recently upgraded to 6.2.0 and have had no end of problems with the docker image filling up out of control.

I have found that one of the culprits has been the 'Tvheadend-Unstable-DVB-Tuners' docker.  I believe that it keeps sending the logs to the docker image.  The img continued to grow:

k4ii3c.png

When I enter the TVheadend GUI > Debugging > Then untick 'Enable syslog:'  the docker image seems to stop growing.  I believe that this setting is only temporary until reboot.  Could you help me add a script to the docker to keep the docker from sending logs or find another solution please?

When my docker img gets full the whole system goes into meltdown and freezes up.

Just for info, the other dockers that are causing me problems are the two MKV tools from your repo. I have deleted them pending further investigation...

Thanks

My log for tvheadend is only 800k, so I don't know what is going on with yours. Tvheadend is running on 6.2 beta and uptime is 31 days.

If you keep the log section in the bottom of the tvheadend gui, do you have anything spamming the log?

I don't see any other options than disabling logging to syslog in tvheadend. If you need logging to syslog for tracking a problem either enable it again or use the log window in tvheadends gui.

I only run MakeMkv, and no problem there either with the log. Mkvtoolnix I don't use and in reality have abandoned the container as it doesn't really play nice  :(

Edit: There might be an option you can use described in this post by Squid

Enter the below in the extra parameter box in the container template and hit save. You can adjust the size to what you want.

--log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave, I'm on my mobile but if you're on the 6.20 beta then I think there is a command you can add to the docker template to limit the log file size.  When I'm at a desktop I'll fish it out.  Squid posted it in the last 24 hours I'm sure as I remember seeing him mention it.

EDIT: Just seen Saarg's post and edit.... that's the one I was thinking about...

Dave, I'm on my mobile but if you're on the 6.20 beta then I think there is a command you can add to the docker template to limit the log file size.  When I'm at a desktop I'll fish it out.  Squid posted it in the last 24 hours I'm sure as I remember seeing him mention it.

lol  Look one post up

lol  Look one post up

I edited my post like five seconds after I posted it....

You're too quick, and don't try and tell me you haven't been told that before...

lol  Look one post up

I edited my post like five seconds after I posted it....

You're too quick, and don't try and tell me you haven't been told that before...

I'm married, so TBH I don't recall the last time that subject even came up

Since the update 3 muxes now show as failed.  I wonder if this is the reason why the log was going mental?

2safkom.png

I'll try another docker version and see if it fixes it.  The log seems to be under control now thanks.

The result on the mux scan is just from the last attempted scan.  Four of mine say FAIL but the channels still work.  :-\

Since the update 3 muxes now show as failed.  I wonder if this is the reason why the log was going mental?

2safkom.png

I'll try another docker version and see if it fixes it.  The log seems to be under control now thanks.

Do you have scan muxes when idle enabled? Try to disable it. I updated the unstable today, so check the update first anyways.

You could also open the log and then edit the mux, change it from idle to pending and save it. Then you should see the scan in the log window.

The new update solved it. Thanks Saarg  :)

Oh and Neil.  ;)

I've still got two failed muxes, but then one of them isn't even listed here and the other one only has two naff channels anyways...  ;D

Suspect Monkeyair and I are actually running from the same transmitter though...

Zan as far as I know, the skip commercials does not work. 

Neil, I'm on the Sutton Coldfield transmitter and I think that we are using the same DVB cards too.  After forcing the scan status to active a few times I can get all of the muxes apart from 514mhz.  I assume that is one of the ones that you can't get as it's not even listed on Free-TV site.

• 2 weeks later...

hi:)

i've recently installed a DVBSky S952 PCIe (low profile) with 2x DVB-S2 tuner card in my unraid server with the hope of using tvheadend, then utilising my 3 rpi2 as clients, i've been using tvh succesfully with a wetek play for the last year, but wanted to move everything onto the server.

I'm now running unraid 6.2.0-beta23.

I've installed the tvh docker, and installed the openelec 6.2.0-beta23 build using the unraid dvb plugin.

i can access the gui and have setup a network using the astra 28.2 pre configured, selected that network and enabled on both adapters, however all scans come back as fails.

i've attached what i grabbed from the system log.

any help would be much appreciated:)

system_log.txt

i've recently installed a DVBSky S952 PCIe (low profile) with 2x DVB-S2 tuner card in my unraid server with the hope of using tvheadend, then utilising my 3 rpi2 as clients, i've been using tvh succesfully with a wetek play for the last year, but wanted to move everything onto the server.

I've installed the tvh docker, and installed the openelec 6.2.0-beta23 build using the unraid dvb plugin.

i can access the gui and have setup a network using the astra 28.2 pre configured, selected that network and enabled on both adapters, however all scans come back as fails.

Just to check the simple things, you're 100% sure that the cable etc you're using is capable of getting a signal.  I've seen a couple of people caught out when they move to Unraid because they're using a feed in a different part of the house and they find the wiring isn't working.

Which container did you install? Unstable or stable?

You only have one sat position and are sure the correct sat is chosen in your config?

You are not splitting one cable to both inputs on the new card?

i installed the stable version.

this is how i have it setup at the moment, should i have more than one network?

HTS%20Tvheadend%204.0.96_zpsw7jzh9re.png

HTS%20Tvheadend%204.0.9_zpshncwi3ri.png

HTS%20Tvheadend%204.0.93_zpsshh8856s.png

HTS%20Tvheadend%204.0.95_zps3ldumnhz.png

HTS%20Tvheadend%204.0.92_zpszvyxs00i.png

HTS%20Tvheadend%204.0.91_zpsnfojgo4q.png

HTS%20Tvheadend%204.0.94_zpszwjwi9kk.png

no not splitting, i have a quad lnb on my dish, x2 go to the sky box, the other 2 go to the separate connections on this card.

i see on the other thread you've posted ref iptv, are you in the uk? what is your hardware setup?

thanks for the replies:)

There is one thing I see in your config, and that is you have disabled initial scan. Try disabling one of your tuners, delete the network, then add it again, but be sure to leave Skip initial scan unticked.

If it doesn't scan, try the force scan button.

You could also try to add the unstable container, as it might have a fix for your problem. Just stop the stable one before adding the unstable one.

I'm in Norway and I have IPTV through my internet provider.

Still having issues.

I'm now running the libreelec vm using a gt520,

I notice at the bottom there's another drop down for other pci devices.

If i stopped/deleted the tvh docker,  Would it be possible to assign the tuner to the libreelec vm and try and run tvh through the libreelec install?

Still having issues.

I'm now running the libreelec vm using a gt520,

I notice at the bottom there's another drop down for other pci devices.

If i stopped/deleted the tvh docker,  Would it be possible to assign the tuner to the libreelec vm and try and run tvh through the libreelec install?

Yes that should be possible. You only need to stop the tvheadend container.

Did you try the unstable version?

Hi ThEgOg

I too am in the UK and run my server with a LibreELEC VM. 

The TVheadend server runs two TBS cards and distributes the TV to several Raspi 2's around the house. I too had issues with a DVBSky tuner and returned it to Amazon for a refund.  After swapping and changing, I finally ended up with the TBS 6904 and a TBS 6205.

They work perfectly and I would certainly recommend them with the TBS media build.

Hope that helps  ;)