[DOCKER] Koma - kodi headless and mariadb combined

the webui user and pw is xbmc/xbmc

but it's practically useless, it has to be enabled for the container to work, but it really serves no useful purpose other than that.

OK that worked...

I have never had a MySQL etc setup before.... how to I set up/configure the headless Kodi to auto scan for new files? can this be set up to run on a set schedule?

it's normally triggered by sickbeard/couchpotato type apps.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got finally my Kodi to scann and add media to the db. Every device can access the db and see the media.

Only problem is that the kodi instance can't scann the media, its my other devices that scan and update the mariadb.

I attached all my log and config files.

In mysql_safe.log, you can find this "IP address '192.168.0.30' could not be resolved: Name or service not known"

koma.zip

Installed KOMA, it created the dbs but still it is not updating the dbs with the media content.

Had a MySQL plugins working when I was on v5.

HOw can I investigate the problem? KODI logs?, I see nothing in the KOMA logs that would help me find the issue.

int eh adveancedsettings.xml, I use ip adresses, no names.

Try changing your sources.xml to the IP address of your Unraid box, to the docker container it's a different machine, not localhost.  I think that's the issue, although I use the separate mariadb and kodi dockers so can't check my end.

Installed KOMA, it created the dbs but still it is not updating the dbs with the media content.

Had a MySQL plugins working when I was on v5.

HOw can I investigate the problem? KODI logs?, I see nothing in the KOMA logs that would help me find the issue.

int eh adveancedsettings.xml, I use ip adresses, no names.

Try changing your sources.xml to the IP address of your Unraid box, to the docker container it's a different machine, not localhost.  I think that's the issue, although I use the separate mariadb and kodi dockers so can't check my end.

Thanks CHBMB, that was it.

• 1 month later...

Question for you Sparklyballs

I use multiple databases to keep things separate across all of my Kodi installs. I recently switched over to your Koma container and updated the advancedsettings to reflect the custom naming scheme i use across my instances and i cant seem to get the headless kodi to do anything. The databases are working fine but the kodi install is doing nothing.  Here is one of the errors i see in the kodi.log

19:36:58 T:47137496192448  ERROR: Unable to create new database

19:36:58 T:47137496192448  ERROR: Unable to open database: KidsMedia90 [2013](Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0)

The kodi instance connects and plays data from the KidsMedia90 db without issue using the kodi/kodi credentials but the headless kodi install doesnt appear to. How would i go about fixing this issue?

Question for you Sparklyballs

I use multiple databases to keep things separate across all of my Kodi installs. I recently switched over to your Koma container and updated the advancedsettings to reflect the custom naming scheme i use across my instances and i cant seem to get the headless kodi to do anything. The databases are working fine but the kodi install is doing nothing.  Here is one of the errors i see in the kodi.log

19:36:58 T:47137496192448  ERROR: Unable to create new database

19:36:58 T:47137496192448  ERROR: Unable to open database: KidsMedia90 [2013](Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 0)

The kodi instance connects and plays data from the KidsMedia90 db without issue using the kodi/kodi credentials but the headless kodi install doesnt appear to. How would i go about fixing this issue?

i have no experience with multiple databases in that kind of setup.

The main change is just to add a <name>KidsMedia</name> field in the advanced settings which then causes Kodi to create a new database with that name. I notice in the advnaced settings file you mention not to change anything in the sql connection section. Is there a reason outside of people just making mistakes with it?

The main change is just to add a <name>KidsMedia</name> field in the advanced settings which then causes Kodi to create a new database with that name. I notice in the advnaced settings file you mention not to change anything in the sql connection section. Is there a reason outside of people just making mistakes with it?

if you can add those fields without messing the format adding/deleting any of the others in that block, you can but only try.

if things go belly up, just delete the whole advancedsettings file and a new one will be put there with default settings when you restart the container.

hi sparklyballs. thank you so much for your docker...it's amazing!!! i have only one quick question. do you plan to deploy an update for the new kodi release 15.0? thank you so much!!

i have already....

what do you mean? :-)

there is a koma isengard (15.0) version container.

it's a direct replacement for this one. due to the nature of kodi and versions changing database schemas, i can't do update to another version in this container.

it's a direct replacement for this one. due to the nature of kodi and versions changing database schemas, i can't do update to another version in this container.

ok i understand. is it supported to replace the container with the one, using the same cache folder, so the db will be upgraded?

best regards.

ok i understand. is it supported to replace the container with the one, using the same cache folder, so the db will be upgraded?

best regards.

yes indeed.

• 1 month later...

This is great, thanks for the development. I was initially hesitant and was running Kodi out of the VM, but now want to give this a shot.

I have a very basic question. What is meant by "Fill out the folder mapping and port assignments"? What do I have to do and is it better to do as part on the cache drive (SSD) or an array drive? I assume this will be outside the docker?