WDTVLive Username?

J.R.

I've got the bones of my unRAID server up and running and before I yank the last drive out of my old server I'm trying to connect my WDTV to make sure it's working smoothly for my wife and kids.

I've "found" the unRAID server on the WDTVLive but it's asking for a user name and password. I've tried "root" and the password I have setup on the server. I even tried creating a user "wdtvlive" user with it's own password on the server and neither can connect.

Any ideas on what I'm supposed to enter for a username and password?

I've got the bones of my unRAID server up and running and before I yank the last drive out of my old server I'm trying to connect my WDTV to make sure it's working smoothly for my wife and kids.

I've "found" the unRAID server on the WDTVLive but it's asking for a user name and password. I've tried "root" and the password I have setup on the server. I even tried creating a user "wdtvlive" user with it's own password on the server and neither can connect.

Any ideas on what I'm supposed to enter for a username and password?

The root user does not have network access to share by design.

Do you really need a user and password? Public shares should be accessible to anyone.

Why not just setup a new user on unRaid called WDTV and use those credentials?

I even tried creating a user "wdtvlive" user with it's own password on the server and neither can connect.

As per the OP, I tried that already.

Try user "nobody" and leave password blank.  That has worked for me on some media boxes.

Thanks, I'll try that when I get home...

I also wonder if it has anything to do with this thread:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=8033.0

I also don't see the unRAID server under my Windows "NetworK" (I've been accessing it via "\\tower...")

I'll have to check that the unRAID is set up for WORKGROUP (all caps) to maybe fix my WDTV issue and look in to this Windows Live ID thing to fix my showing up under "NetworK" issue.

I have 3 WDTV live hubs in my house... I setup using USERNAME: anonymous  PW: anonymous and have never had to setup again - going on 3 yrs. Hope this helps for the future if problem comes up again.

Thanks.

Yeah that's the default. Didn't work the first night I tried it...then started working when I tried it again. Has been working fine since...lol

Archived