[Feature Request] Ability To Dismiss Updates

Squid

I've noticed that I've been getting emails to update plugins (ACUPSD) twice a day.

While I usually do keep plugins / dockers up-to-date, I can forsee where a situation would arise that I would not want the update.  In that case, I would still be receiving the nag emails to update.

Add a feature in to be able to dismiss the update and not notify me again until another update is available.

Are you sure that you have been getting multiple emails for the same update?  There have been several updates to APCUPSD in the last few days so you may have just received two in the same day for different updates (which is what happened to me).

Possible.  Didn't pay that much attention to it, and I've already deleted them so can't tell now.

Are you sure that you have been getting multiple emails for the same update?  There have been several updates to APCUPSD in the last few days so you may have just received two in the same day for different updates (which is what happened to me).

Possible.  Didn't pay that much attention to it, and I've already deleted them so can't tell now.

I think there is a notification log which you can access via your webgui. I'm away from my LAN right now so I can't look and find out... but I will check later.

I think there is a notification log which you can access via your webgui. I'm away from my LAN right now so I can't look and find out... but I will check later.
There is a tab on the notification settings page for "archived notifications".

I have never seen ANY notification stored in the archived notification.  Either when I was running the "official" release of the GUI or Boniel's bugfixed one.

There is a tab on the notification settings page for "archived notifications".

I have never seen ANY notification stored in the archived notification.  Either when I was running the "official" release of the GUI or Boniel's bugfixed one.

I didn't either until a few days ago. I have 2 in there now, both are about plugin updates.

At 12:15am 1/26 and at 6:15pm 1/26 I received email from both of my servers that an update for APCUPSD 2015.01.24 updated to 2015.01.26

Also, double checked, and there are absolutely zero archived notifications on both systems.  I have however changed one of the servers' notification settings to be Browser & Email (previously set to email only on both).  Maybe that makes a difference

At 12:15am 1/26 and at 6:15pm 1/26 I received email from both of my servers that an update for APCUPSD 2015.01.24 updated to 2015.01.26

Also, double checked, and there are absolutely zero archived notifications on both systems.  I have however changed one of the servers' notification settings to be Browser & Email (previously set to email only on both).  Maybe that makes a difference

I recently changed that too so maybe that's what did it.

I recently changed that too so maybe that's what did it.

I am also set as browser and email. However to add a wrinkle I have received 3 emails, two for APCUPSD and one smart report warning, but I only had two notices in my archived notifications. I wonder if I actively dismissed one browser alert (and that removed it from the archive) while letting the others fade away without actively clicking on them, or if it’s just hit and miss still.

Also is it possible we could get more granular control in the future. For example I don't really need an email about plug-in updates unless they are critical. I.E. fixes to security issues, or fixes that fix errors which could result in data loss. However I do want to get emails about smart warnings. Would it be possible to add settings page which would allow for more granular control about how you want to receive notification for each level of warning (Normal, Warning, Critical) by categories (Plugin's, Disk Health, System Health, etc..?) Being able to receive normal Plugin alerts only over the web, but normal Disk Health over email would be the absolutely awesome. This would also allow system owners to tailor their notification system to work exactly how they want it.

Archived