[SOLVED] Changing the boot-up time

Is it possible to change the 4 seconds delete while the menu is presented at boot-up?

TIA

RJJ

The boot menu details is specified by the 'timeout' entry in syslinux/syslinux.cfg on the boot device.  It is a text file, but make sure you edit using an editor that understands Linux end-of-line (e.g. notepad+).
  • 8 years later...

Sorry for resurrecting this but what does the 50 mean? Because the boot splash screen does not stay for 50 seconds by default.

edit: I respond myself. "The timeout value is in tenths of a second. The default is 50, or five seconds." So a timeout 1 would mean 0.1 seconds and not 1 second. For 1 second I should write timeout 10

Sorry for my lack of linux knowledge :P

Edited by s1l3nce
5 hours ago, s1l3nce said:

Sorry for resurrecting this but what does the 50 mean? Because the boot splash screen does not stay for 50 seconds by default.

edit: I respond myself. "The timeout value is in tenths of a second. The default is 50, or five seconds." So a timeout 1 would mean 0.1 seconds and not 1 second. For 1 second I should write timeout 10

Sorry for my lack of linux knowledge :P

TIMEOUT = Time to wait to autoboot in 1/10 secs. zero (0) disables the timeout