Lost partition table on data disks

greenhorn

unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta14-x86_64

I lost partition table on data disks, the disk look like unformatted when looked at from Ubuntu GParted.

This happened on a new install of unRAID when the array was first started and the parity was been built.

How do I recover or recreate partition without loosing data?

unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta14-x86_64

I lost partition table on data disks, the disk look like unformatted when looked at from Ubuntu GParted.

This happened on a new install of unRAID when the array was first started and the parity was been built.

How do I recover or recreate partition without loosing data?

What was the original format of the data disks? Were they originally formatted by unRAID?

I formatted it with GParted as Xfs

This is a common mistake users incur. unRAID creates it's own partition table, even if the filesystem is supported. This is because it need to put it's own RAID schema in the beginning of the disk. Roughly speaking, it creates a XFS/BTRFS/ReiserFS partition inside a RAID partition.

I formatted it with GParted as Xfs

Not familiar with use of gparted, but in general, if you use the exact same command and options as you did originally (sans any options that create actual file system), then it should re-create the partition structure you had before.

If you plug any storage device into an unRaid array and click "Start", in general those devices will be written with an "unRaid standard" partition layout.  If you then click 'Format', those devices will have a file system created in partition 1.

An exception exists with the cache disk/pool.  If you assign a device to cache disk, or first device to a cache pool, and partition 1 already exists, we will not change the partition layout.  But any devices added to an existing cache pool will first have an unraid-standard partition layout written.  Make sense?

Archived