FTP client Docker request

Going from the information of my glFTPd plugin thread, this docker would need a full gui like sparklyballs libreoffice docker. Instead of libreoffice it should run FileZilla. Also it should provide the possibility to shedule tasks (e.g. FileZilla Download from certain server at given time).

Providing a webbased ftpclient accessible through a browser windows would not be enough to solve ijuarez' needs. At least not as long as closing the browser would close the ftp connection/download.

I concur

I looked for an ftp client with web gui and didn't see one.

I guess what you need is an ftp client version of utorrent.

utorrent has fully functional web ui that is really cool. Anything you can do on the regular gui, you can also do it on the web gui. Years ago when I had an always on media center that ran xbmc on windows, I had utorrent running in the background. I would open up the web gui from my laptop to manage it so I never had to quit xbmc on the big screen.

Unfortunately I did not see an ftp client with a web gui. Your best bet might be to set up a kvm ubuntu 12.04 vm with xrdp installed. Just run any ftp client in there and you can remote desktop into it from any other computer to manage it.

Make sure you keep it on 12.04, otherwise you have to install a different desktop environment as the newer ubuntu versions only support 3d gpu so it's more complicated.

I concur

I looked for an ftp client with web gui and didn't see one.

I guess what you need is an ftp client version of utorrent.

utorrent has fully functional web ui that is really cool. Anything you can do on the regular gui, you can also do it on the web gui. Years ago when I had an always on media center that ran xbmc on windows, I had utorrent running in the background. I would open up the web gui from my laptop to manage it so I never had to quit xbmc on the big screen.

Unfortunately I did not see an ftp client with a web gui. Your best bet might be to set up a kvm ubuntu 12.04 vm with xrdp installed. Just run any ftp client in there and you can remote desktop into it from any other computer to manage it.

Make sure you keep it on 12.04, otherwise you have to install a different desktop environment as the newer ubuntu versions only support 3d gpu so it's more complicated.

i've got a few dockers with xrdp , mate or lxde desktop, running on ubuntu 14.04 that don't need 3d gpu.

• 3 months later...