errr... Mostly Random Conversation of Photo Management

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on. Its how i test all dockers and leave ti on if at all possible.

I was thinking of making the /pictures volume mapping read only by default via the template. With a note for users who want to upload to change it. The primary function of this app in this context is to display pre-existing image folders. 

This is how I did it, but haven't tested yet

Genius!

Never been called that before...

Makes all your ethernet bridge stuff look easy I know...  ;D

Haha, maybe but I was thinking I was going to have to create a new user on unRAID and then give it permissions to my photos and then somehow force this docker to use that user... I would have spend 3 days and most likely blown up my photos folder, when all I had to do was switch one setting... LOL

Spot on. Its how i test all dockers and leave ti on if at all possible.

I was thinking of making the /pictures volume mapping read only by default via the template. With a note for users who want to upload to change it. The primary function of this app in this context is to display pre-existing image folders.

That is a pretty sane idea at least for the beta repo stuff where users can be expected to jump though a few hoops. If it saves one persons data once its worth it IMHO.

Probably a dumb question but just to be 100% sure, PhotoShow isn't uploading my personal photos to a their website correct?

I haven't seen it do anything naughty but short of a code audit you can never be sure. Thats the nature of the game but at least the code is there to look at :)

Probably a dumb question but just to be 100% sure, PhotoShow isn't uploading my personal photos to a their website correct?

I haven't seen it do anything naughty but short of a code audit you can never be sure. Thats the nature of the game but at least the code is there to look at :)

This is true. I am fairly confident that it is not because I am currently use RDP through my VPN to access my Win8 VM and if it was uploading all my photos I don't think I would be able to see what I was typing here.

Did you guys read my post about a posisble workflow?

Here is my dilemma... I may have folders in my big photo folder that are stuff I dont want on the PhotoShow. Boring stuff like work photos, etc.

If I work backwards, and copy big folder from server to cache, I can then go in am=nd delete stuff I may not want. This will I assume delete in /Thumbs and /Pictures. But I have an rsync that syncs back from cache to big folder in array. In case of accidental deletion, hopefully I still have backup in server.

There are forks to PS that puts a warning dialog when deleting something. I manually added that edit.

I also found, where in the code the delete button is. I can comment that out after loading everything, and be safe that way.

I guess my question is, if we set the /Pictures to read-only, and later you delete, does PS get messed up because it will try to erase from read-only? Also, there is NO WAY, to exclude folders like the wife butt photos.... after removing they should come back because it re-reads the folder.

Here is my dilemma... I may have folders in my big photo that are stuff I dont want on the PhotoShow. Boring stuff like work photos, etc.

If I work backwards, and copy bog folder from server to cache, I can then go in am=nd delete stuff I may not want. This will I assume delete in /Thumbs and /Pictures. But I have an rsync that syncs back from cache to big folder in array. In case of accidental deletion, hopefully I still have backup in server.

There are forks to PS that puts a warning dialog when deleting something. I manually added that edit.

I also found, where in the code the delete button is. I can comment that out after loading everything, and be safe that way.

I guess my question is, if we set the /Pictures to read-only, and later you delete, does PS get messed up because it will try to erase from read-only? Also, there is NO WAY, to exclude folders like the wife butt photos.... after removing they should come back because it re-reads the folder.

tell me more about butt photos.

What would be IDEAL, is to setup in PS, 3 users belonging to following groups:

administartor : root

hernando: uploader

guest: user

The code needs to be tweaked to allow "uploaders" group to do everything admin, and NOT display the delete button. Someone with a little php know-how needs to look at the code.

Here is my dilemma... I may have folders in my big photo that are stuff I dont want on the PhotoShow. Boring stuff like work photos, etc.

If I work backwards, and copy bog folder from server to cache, I can then go in am=nd delete stuff I may not want. This will I assume delete in /Thumbs and /Pictures. But I have an rsync that syncs back from cache to big folder in array. In case of accidental deletion, hopefully I still have backup in server.

They are from CHBMB's wife, do you want me to send you copies?

the only way you can tell the women from the men in his part of the country is that the men wear longer skirts.

the only way you can tell the women from the men in his part of the country is that the men wear longer skirts.

We have to wear longer skirts to keep our huge appendage covered... It's a curse not being able to fit it in trousers, but I soldier on....

I have a 156gb of photos but every time I now try to open a picture I am getting a 504 gateway timeout error, so maybe it's too much. Is there something I could check?

the docker log from the web page only shows this:

2015-06-04 18:36:22,627 INFO success: httpd entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

2015-06-04 18:36:22,627 INFO success: phpfpm entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Jun 4 18:39:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1488]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 19:09:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1513]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 19:17:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1527]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Jun 4 19:39:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1530]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 20:09:02 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1544]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 20:17:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1558]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Jun 4 20:39:02 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1561]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 21:09:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1575]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 21:17:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1589]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

working on another container and found this in the release notes,

Be carefull when using ImageMagick with many or large files (i.e. when using Gallery Plugin). This can generate a high load or even freeze the server. In comparison, libGD is limited to PHP's performance settings and should be safe to use.

i put imagemagick in this container, so you are probably hitting this wall.

i'll take it out, it's not neccesary.

I have a 156gb of photos but every time I now try to open a picture I am getting a 504 gateway timeout error, so maybe it's too much. Is there something I could check?

the docker log from the web page only shows this:

2015-06-04 18:36:22,627 INFO success: httpd entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

2015-06-04 18:36:22,627 INFO success: phpfpm entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Jun 4 18:39:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1488]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 19:09:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1513]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 19:17:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1527]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Jun 4 19:39:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1530]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 20:09:02 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1544]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 20:17:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1558]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Jun 4 20:39:02 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1561]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 21:09:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1575]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && [ -d /var/lib/php5 ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean /var/lib/php5 $(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime))

Jun 4 21:17:01 c3550697b4cf /USR/SBIN/CRON[1589]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

working on another container and found this in the release notes,

Be carefull when using ImageMagick with many or large files (i.e. when using Gallery Plugin). This can generate a high load or even freeze the server. In comparison, libGD is limited to PHP's performance settings and should be safe to use.

i put imagemagick in this container, so you are probably hitting this wall.

i'll take it out, it's not neccesary.

Pretty sure Mrs CHBMB's derrière could overload my server....