Soulseek Dockers

@realies I'm trying to route the Soulseek container via my BinHex-DelugeVPN container using this video as a guide: 

Couple of things:

• There is no BASH in the container so I can't curl or netstat for checking ports. These would be really useful
  • Even though I've added port 6080 as a passthrough in the DelugeVPN container, I can't access the noVNC interface

I know the container is up and running as it logged my out of Soulseek locally. I just can't get to it.

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...

I don't have this installed, but this might help describe the process to see what's available in a container.

@Corneloues The shell interpreter (bash, sh , zsh, csh) has nothing to do with your package availability (e.g., curl, netstat). I think you aren't getting into the container properly if you don't see `curl` because that exact binary is used within the ubuntu base docker container itself here during the pkg install. The simplest webGUI way is to right click on the soulseek container and select "_> Console". Once that new window pops up, `which curl` should show you the exact path it's installed and available to you. If you want full CLI, here's an example how to go into a specific container environment using the deluge-vpn. To have an operational VPN there (not just installed), you'll need to have non-default username and password setup with a provider - I think all cost money.

# View containers that have case insensitive "vpn" (here you'd want "seek" or something similar)

docker ps -a | grep -i vpn

8c7a8bc6f19b   binhex/arch-delugevpn                  "/usr/bin/dumb-init …"   4 weeks ago     Up 2 days                  0.0.0.0:8112->8112/tcp, :::8112->8112/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8118->8118/tcp, :::8118->8118/tcp, 0.0.0.0:58846->58846/tcp, :::58846->58846/tcp, 0.0.0.0:58946->58946/tcp, :::58946->58946/tcp, 0.0.0.0:58946->58946/udp, :::58946->58946/udp   binhex-delugevpn
ea0fd9c974c6   binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn                "/usr/bin/tini -g --…"   14 months ago   Exited (0) 4 weeks ago                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         binhex-rtorrentvpn

# Identify the specific container hash ID (deluge-vpn in this case but you'd switch to soulseek) "8c7a8bc6f19b"

docker exec -it 8c7a8bc6f19b bash

# Now you're *IN" the container! Try to see which binaries are pre-installed and available

which curl

which netstat

# The `which` command gives a path if it's available, otherwise it'll print nothing (just a newline). So in deluge-vpn, you'll see:
/usr/sbin/curl

/usr/sbin/netstat

# If there's a weird pkg you need unavailable, we know from the Dockerfile it's using Ubuntu here, which uses the apt package manager, so you can just `sudo apt install NAME` to install something new like "netstat" or "curl".

@realies AFAIK there's no way to see the Dockerfile on dockerhub, right? So my assumption might be incorrect in what you have on GH vs DH?

Edited by AndersT
fmt code
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone have tips on getting sharing working? I'm using the Realies image routed through Qbittorrent VPN docker w/ Mullvad, which no longer supports port forwarding.

Does that mean I'm out of luck and should just ignore the nasty chats I keep getting about not sharing files?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 7:27 PM, no-thanks said:

Anyone have tips on getting sharing working? I'm using the Realies image routed through Qbittorrent VPN docker w/ Mullvad, which no longer supports port forwarding.

Does that mean I'm out of luck and should just ignore the nasty chats I keep getting about not sharing files?

Get a VPN that supports port forwarding. I think IVPN is similar to Mullvad in terms of privacy, however with less nodes, but with port forwarding. Getting a VPS and self-hosting a WireGuard server is also an option, at times cheaper than a VPN subscription.