Unable to Start/Create VMs after upgrade to 6

hermy65

I had been running on 6b15 for a while with no issues and then today took the plunge to go up to 6 stable. I noticed once i got into the web interface that my VMs were offline so i attempted to start them only to be greeted by a message stating "Error: invalid argument could not find capabilities for arch=x86_64 domaintype=(null)" but couldnt really find anything on here about that. I attempted to create a new VM and ran into another issue where once I click the Add VM button i am greeted with a page that allows me to name it but the Template Settings do not load. Attached is my syslog

storage-syslog-20150619-1433.zip

You have a lot of plugins. Boot in SAFE mode, then go to Tools - Diagnostics and post the results.

Also, I found 4 search results for "arch=x86_64 domaintype=(null)". See search tips in my sig.

You might also check in your /boot/extra folder to make sure you don't have some other version of virsh or something still hanging around.

I have no issues with recreating the VMs however, i feel like something else is not right. I have attached screenshots from the Add VM screen and the VM settings screens as they look to me anyway like they are missing a lot of stuff.

Those screens definitely look wrong.  As was suggested you should boot in Safe mode to determine if any of the plugins are causing issues (with so many I think there is a good chance one is).  If so you are then going to have to work on isolating which one(s) it might be.

YEs i have, the screens look correct in safe mode. I removed a couple unused plugins and am booting into regular mode now to test.

Well that is close to definitive that one of the logins is causing a problem.    Whether it is a specific one or a combination can be hard to determine.

Does the VM start OK when in Safe mode?

So i removed all plugins and was going to start adding them one by one to see what was causing the issues and im still having the same issues with no plugins installed. Attached is the syslog

But you don't have the issue in safe mode? Are you absolutely sure there is nothing in /boot/extra, /boot/plugins, /boot/config/plugins, and there is nothing added to your /boot/config/go file?

So i removed all plugins and was going to start adding them one by one to see what was causing the issues and im still having the same issues with no plugins installed. Attached is the syslog

That syslog shows lots of plugins still being loaded.  Are you sure you booted in Safe mode?

Did not happen in safe mode. I do not have a /boot/extra or a /boot/plugins. In /boot/config/plugins i have the following folders. No, i am not currently in Safe mode as everything works fine in safe mode. I found out that if i remove the dynamix.kvm.manager it removes my existing VMs so i put that back in there. No idea with the other dynamix folder is for or if the dockerMan folder is necessary

dockerMan

- images (folder)

- templates (folder)

- templates-user (folder)

- templates-repos (file)

dynamix

- dynamix.cfg

- parity-check.cron

dynamix.kvm.manager

- domain.img

- dynamix.kvm.manager-2015.01.09.tar.gz

- qemu

images

- various dynamix images

I removed everything in the plugins folder listed above, rebooted into safe mode to verify things worked. Obviously after removing the dynamix.kvm folder my existing VMs are gone but i can clearly see all of the options on the Add VM page and VM settings pages. I rebooted into regular mode and now things seem to be working. Will start installing plugins one by one to see what happens

Archived