Recently upgraded to 6 - several issues

fishface

Recently upgraded from 4.7 to 6, new flash drive, reformatted drives etc, a clean start, however I'm experiencing several issues.

1)  3 times I have rebooted the server, first stopping the array then hitting the 'Reboot' button, and 3 times it has started a parity check, it doesn't do it every time though, I then have to wait for parity to check, it says it 'detected an unscheduled', or words like that - why is it doing this?

2)  I was adding a share, I had already created 3 or 4 with no issue, I then went to add another one, I completed the first few 'pages', I entered a share comment, hit 'Apply' it restarts smb after 30 seconds or so, page reloads or whatever, but my settings have not stuck, I also try setting the share security level to private, same thing, basically anything I set on there is not sticking, the previous shares configured just fine - I'm using Chrome BTW, maybe that is the issue? After rebooting I can set the share. I have a feeling this may have something to do with copy my share/*.cfg files over. Or maybe it is me, I thought you could click on a share name, under Shares and then edit, maybe you can't do that? Some times I just need to edit and existing share.

3) It loses communication with the UPS, I've tried unplugging/plugging the USB cord, no difference, but if I reboot it sometimes can communicate,

I have no data stored on there at the moment.

I think my main issue is number 1, that is the one that concerns me, the other 2 are possibly down to me or minor glitches.

The attached log is after I rebooted after what should have been a clean shutdown.

rutland-syslog-20150726-1356.zip

I'll try that.  One thing I've noticed, the flash drive seems very slow, it takes a good few minutes to boot unRAID, not sure if this is normal or not - it's a brand new SanDisk Ultra Fit™ CZ43 16GB USB 3.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive, looks like the one LT supply. My old unRAID 4.7 was equally as slow, I ran a chkdsk on that and it made no difference.

I wondering if the motherboard is the issue, I formatted (FAT32) the new flash drive on my laptop and it was pretty quick, seemed normal.

I was wondering that if the flashdrive was very slow to write, that might be causing the issue.

I'll try that.  One thing I've noticed, the flash drive seems very slow, it takes a good few minutes to boot unRAID, not sure if this is normal or not - it's a brand new SanDisk Ultra Fit™ CZ43 16GB USB 3.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive, looks like the one LT supply. My old unRAID 4.7 was equally as slow, I ran a chkdsk on that and it made no difference.

I wondering if the motherboard is the issue, I formatted (FAT32) the new flash drive on my laptop and it was pretty quick, seemed normal.

I was wondering that if the flashdrive was very slow to write, that might be causing the issue.

Check your m/b bios; could be you somehow have USB set to USB1.1 which would explain very slow read time from flash.

Ran chkdsk and it found no errors.

So I then take a look in the BIOS as per LT suggestion, and there is a 'Legacy USB Support' mode, I tried disabling it, wouldn't boot at all, so I re-enable it and then I notice another option, USB Speed full, hi-speed or auto, I set it to full and now it boots super quick, and also the UPS comms seem to be consistently.

Ok, I cleanly shut it down twice and on the last reboot it says 'Stopped. Unclean shutdown detected.', I ran the dskchk before it did this.

Seeing as I have no data stored on here yet, will I do any harm in cancelling the parity check?

I've attached boot-up screenshot, I wonder if the motherboard is on its way out.

screenshot_bootup.png.bc9bca52c5b80becb4ca136c95912412.png

Ran chkdsk and it found no errors.

So I then take a look in the BIOS as per LT suggestion, and there is a 'Legacy USB Support' mode, I tried disabling it, wouldn't boot at all, so I re-enable it and then I notice another option, USB Speed full, hi-speed or auto, I set it to full and now it boots super quick, and also the UPS comms seem to be consistently.

Ok, I cleanly shut it down twice and on the last reboot it says 'Stopped. Unclean shutdown detected.', I ran the dskchk before it did this.

Seeing as I have no data stored on here yet, will I do any harm in cancelling the parity check?

I've attached boot-up screenshot, I wonder if the motherboard is on its way out.

Error -110 usually means too much power on USB stick - USB 2.0 stick on USB3 slot or similar..

Archived