Sonarr Docker Problem

I'm confounded, maybe someone has seen this?

I recently upgraded my servers to version 6 Pro specifically for the purpose of using the Docker feature to consolidate my programs onto one machine rather than the two that they've been running on forever, Sabnzbd and Sonarr primarily.

Set up the Docker, added the containers and everything was going fine until the very last step, which was adding my TV series in to Sonarr. 

I've tried every conceivable combination of slashes, backslashes, UNC name, IP addresses & ports ... copy and paste from the existing Sonarr installation, everything I try to get Sonarr to see the same path every other device on my network sees, Kodi installs, Android tablets, Windows PCs, I get and invalid path message.  I've even tried browsing through the folders but if the shares are there I can't seem to figure out where.

These shares are not password protected, they are public,  and like I said I can map them out and access them with no problem using other programs but Sonarr can't seem to see/find them on the very same machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply as it actually helped me figure out what was going on ... as soon as I looked at the volume mappings to post them I realized the /media setting was there and I used that for the path and it worked. 

Still not sure I understand why putting in the full  path /mnt/user/TV Shows/ as I did wasn't working, but as long as it's working I suppose

Thanks for the reply as it actually helped me figure out what was going on ... as soon as I looked at the volume mappings to post them I realized the /media setting was there and I used that for the path and it worked. 

Still not sure I understand why putting in the full  path /mnt/user/TV Shows/ as I did wasn't working, but as long as it's working I suppose

Think of the container as a self contained system.  It can only see things that are within it, not things on the OS.  When you map /media to /mnt/user/TV it gives it a way to access limited host os folders. 

Think of the container as a self contained system.  It can only see things that are within it, not things on the OS.  When you map /media to /mnt/user/TV it gives it a way to access limited host os folders.

Or to put it another way, if the path you specify within a container's settings isn't explicitely mapped to a host volume on the AddContainer screen, the container cannot access it.

Just an FYI as I don't think this is unRaid specific problem ... still a small, though I think related problem.

The repository I used to install Sonarr loaded up version 8 beta and even though my volume mappings point to the correct location for the completed SABNzbd download (ie  /data /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/) the Completed Download Handling keeps looking in a nonexistent directory (/config/Downloads/complete/) for the completed downloads and failing.  If I do a manual import and point it to the /data directory everything copies over so I know it's not permissions issue, but can't seem to figure out how to get the Completed Downloads Handling pointed in the correct direction.

I posted in the Sonarr support forums already and several other people responded they're having the same problem with the same set up but thought I'd pass it along to anyone who might be interested.

Just an FYI as I don't think this is unRaid specific problem ... still a small, though I think related problem.

The repository I used to install Sonarr loaded up version 8 beta and even though my volume mappings point to the correct location for the completed SABNzbd download (ie  /data /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete/) the Completed Download Handling keeps looking in a nonexistent directory (/config/Downloads/complete/) for the completed downloads and failing.  If I do a manual import and point it to the /data directory everything copies over so I know it's not permissions issue, but can't seem to figure out how to get the Completed Downloads Handling pointed in the correct direction.

I posted in the Sonarr support forums already and several other people responded they're having the same problem with the same set up but thought I'd pass it along to anyone who might be interested.

Post screen shots of your volume mappings for both sab and sonarr, along with screen shots of your sab settings for the folders.  (Either that, or switch to NZBGet which blows away Sab anyways)

Well here's the volume mappings.  Not sure why I'd think about changing download clients though, SABNzbd is doing everything it's supposed to as far as I can tell, downloading to the folder I specify etc.  It's Sonarr that is looking in the wrong place and can't seem to be pointed in the right direction unless you manually import and tell it to look in /data

Volume_Mapping.jpg.d42430cdc50096a65208d9ddde01c36e.jpg

#1 - Within SAB, you are telling it to store its downloads within Downloads/complete  Note that it states that the default base folder is /config.  Downloads/complete is a relative folder which means that its going to wind up storing the downloads within /config/Downloads/complete  (which is actually /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete).  You want to tell Sab to store the completed downloads to /downloads/complete

#2 - Sonarr has /data mapped to /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/complete.  This is indeed where the downloads are stored.  BUT, when sab finishes a download, it tells Sonarr that the file is stored in /config/Downloads/complete (which maps out to /mnt/cache/appdata/sonar/Downloads/complete)  For containers to be able to talk to each other, the host and volume paths must be the exact same on each container  (except for /config paths)

Solution:

Add to sonarr another mapping of /downloads to /mnt/cache/downloads  and set sab to download to /downloads  Also note that linux is case sensitive on paths

Okay, so I ...

1. Changed the Completed Download Folder target in the SABNbzd folders section to /downloads/complete

2. Added a path to the Sonarr settings of /downloads pointing to /mnt/cache/downloads

3. Just for kicks switched everything to bridged rather than host and it's all working now.

Thanks for your help, never would have figured that out on my own.

Incidentally, I started messing around with nzbget and ran into a similar problems where Sonarr couldn't find files to import even though they were in the download folder.  I'll take what you gave me here and see if I can't figure it out tomorrow.

Thanks again. 

Thanks for your help, never would have figured that out on my own.

You would have figured it out eventually.  Path mappings are the hardest thing in docker containers (especially when getting them to communicate to each other) to wrap your head around.  And its not the easiest concept to explain properly (hence why everyone including myself has problems with them at first).  The upshot is that once you understand whats going on, you'll be amazed at how simple the concept actually is.
  • 2 years later...

This is pehaps a stupid question.

I have been using Qnap so unraid is new to me.

I got Sabnzb to work looking in download/complete and incomplete, all is well here. My issue is with Sonarr.

When i want to add show I want to point to /mnt2/tv as the place where it should move the files. It looks for the files in download/complete thats on /mnt

But i cant even see /mnt2

I had the same issue on Qnap and had to install several other things as Qmono and such to be able to see different drives. I also had to be sure that sonarr dident run as a service.

I have the same problems now on unraid, but tbh no idea how to fix it. Any tips would be super nice.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Casual said:

When i want to add show I want to point to /mnt2/tv as the place where it should move the files. It looks for the files in download/complete thats on /mnt

But i cant even see /mnt2

Those paths don't make any sense on unRAID. And if you have Sab using /mnt/download that is wrong too so it isn't really working. Those paths would be in RAM and you would run out of memory as well as lose it all on reboot.

Post your docker run command as shown in the Docker FAQ.