No write access to SSD

fonzie

I just got a new unRAID server going but I ran into a little hiccup.  I set up an SSD as a cache drive.  The SSD had a windows operating system along with some random folders.  I did not preclear or format it.  When I started my new array, It automatically created some shares on my server which I could not delete no matter how hard I tried because I could not delete anything on the cache drive.  I removed the drive and formatted it to try to avoid any more issues.

I re-inserted the SSD as a cache in my array and everything seemed good.  I tried to set up the docker.img in the root of the cache drive when I realized what was happening.  I am not getting access to the SSD drive in my unRAID server.  When I try to open it through Windows Explorer I get the error:

"You do not have permission to access [ip of unraid]\cache. Contact your network administrator to request access."

When I try enabling the docker share...something is preventing the image from being written onto the cache.

I can access any other folders whether they are disk shares or user shares but I do not have access to the cache.  How can I resolve this? thanks

I just got a new unRAID server going but I ran into a little hiccup.  I set up an SSD as a cache drive.  The SSD had a windows operating system along with some random folders.  I did not preclear or format it.

Do you have unassigned devices installed?

I removed the drive and formatted it to try to avoid any more issues.
  Formatted it where and how?

I re-inserted the SSD as a cache in my array and everything seemed good.  I tried to set up the docker.img in the root of the cache drive when I realized what was happening.  I am not getting access to the SSD drive in my unRAID server.  When I try to open it through Windows Explorer I get the error:

"You do not have permission to access [ip of unraid]\cache. Contact your network administrator to request access."

In order to access a drive like that, you need to have disk shares enabled.

I have seen this in syslogs. Even though there is no support for NTFS unRAID tries to mount it anyway, and then things don't really work. You must use one of the supported filesystems.

That is one of the side effect "features" of Unassigned Devices since it installs the NTFS driver.  Not quite sure how you can hide the driver from unRaid yet still be able to use it for any devices managed via the plugin