Btrfs cache raid 0 and raid 1

Hi i know you can create a raid 1 using

-dconvert=raid0 -mconvert=raid1

but is the btrfs raid 1  stripped across both drives giving a faster read off the cache or does it just use the drives normally but not mirrored?

I think you might have confused RAID 0 and RAID 1 in your question. It makes much mores sense like this:

Hi i know you can create a raid 0 using

but is the btrfs raid 0  stripped across both drives giving a faster read off the cache or does it just use the drives normally but not mirrored?

If that's what you meant then the answer is that the data is striped for speed but the filesystem metadata (which, in comparison, is much smaller) is mirrored for redundancy.

Hi i know you can create a raid 1 using

but is the btrfs raid 1  stripped across both drives giving a faster read off the cache or does it just use the drives normally but not mirrored?

I think you might have confused RAID 0 and RAID 1 in your question. It makes much mores sense like this:

Hi i know you can create a raid 0 using

but is the btrfs raid 0  stripped across both drives giving a faster read off the cache or does it just use the drives normally but not mirrored?

If that's what you meant then the answer is that the data is striped for speed but the filesystem metadata (which, in comparison, is much smaller) is mirrored for redundancy.

Ha yes thanks thats exactly what i meant. Raid 0. I was wondering if adding a cache drive in raid 0 would give me any kind of performance boost on the cache. Thanks for seeing past my mistake!! What is the advantage of mirroring the files system for redundancy if the data doesnt have redunduncy?