OpenFLIXR 2.5.1 U1 (Sunday, July 29, 2018)

Ransomware, seriously, I didn't even know there was any for Linux? It doesn't even have bloatware :D

But please have a look, I totally understand you're not trusting a random internet dude.

Not, your software, had one my unraid shares show up with some weird files, .zip.aes, looks like the rest of my files are ok. Had a windows 10 vm running, that was the only machine with mapped share. So I'm not quite sure how it got compromised but I did use team viewer so we will see.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks jonp for your response. Really appreciate it! Since I'm not familiar with unRAID, what does a plugin entail? Is this something one of you can arrange? Does it make using OpenFLIXR from unRAID easier?

It would make installation easier without having to even frequent the forums here to even know that something exists.

Ok, that sounds really great. But it also sounds like a lot of work :)

Depends upon the approach.  Basically nothing to have CA add in support for VMs (and download the ISOs automatically), and then have the user create the VM.  Totally different story to have a plugin download the ISO and then automatically create the VM.

I'll think about it over the next week or so and decide if I want to do the former -> not going to do the latter as I have no use for VM's myself so support would be a major issue for me.  I'll be in touch

While there are a multitude of VM appliances out there, this is the only one which is actively being supported here on unRaid.  Because this VM is more or less unique here in unRaidLand, I've decided that CA isn't going to make the necessary adjustments in order to have one appliance get added to it.

On the other hand, should LT decide to change how their current VM templates (LibreElec, OpenElec, and the templates for the various other OS's) are handled (change them to an XML specification and not have the templates hard-coded into the OS), which would make VM appliances easier to integrate into CA, then the integration into CA would indeed happen because at that point we would be talking about a one line change to CA, and not large changes that would have to happen as the OS currently stands.

So, either more VM appliances begin to be supported here to make the changes to CA worthwhile, or LT changes the VM manager to not hard-code the existing templates (including LibreElec / OpenElec)

• 2 weeks later...

OpenFLIXR Online Update - Changelog 1.1.7

To update from 1.0 to 1.1.7

Login to console or SSH

Execute:

sudo updateopenflixr

and enter your password

System will reboot when done

• Update Ubooquity to 1.10.1
  • Fix Ubooquity out of memory with large collections
  • Fix trusted root certificates
  • Fix sub-zero not working in Plex
  • Fix landing page offline message
  • Plex Media Server machine ID was cloned

After the fix, should you already had setup Plex Media Server in OpenFLIXR, all you have to do is go to:

http://IPADDRESS:32400/web/ and go accept the Terms of Use and login to your Plex account.

When you previously shared libraries with friends, yu have to share them again because of the new ID.

• Security updates
  • Performance updates
  • Enhanced privacy (internet facing servers)
  • Even better performance
  • Added ability to manually update Plex Media Server
  • Set your own ubooquity admin password (/comics/admin , default pass = openflixr. No security issue as this virtual dir is protected)
  • Improved SSLlabs score with zero drawbacks and improved security
  • Improved HTTP/2 performance
  • Local caching DNS resolver (you can’t select your own DNS servers from now on, Google’s are used as they are extremely fast)
  • Cache landing page better
  • Fixed Plexrequest Sickrage/Sonarr where they were both activated resulting in not functioning for people that already went through the web wizard.

You will find both sonarr and sickrage de-activated in plexrequest after this patch with a placeholder API key so you should (re)enable one of them yourself and enter correct info.

OpenFLIXR Web Wizard Update - Changelog 1.1.1

Web Wizard updates are automatically installed at boot time.

So when you (re)boot OpenFLIXR you will get the latest version.

• Plexrequest Sickrage/Sonarr fixed where they were both activated resulting in not functioning

Can’t find another solution than disabling Sonarr in plexrequest where you have to enable it yourself with the correct info.

When you go for the recommended and default Sickrage, there is nothing changed.

• Fixed 504 ‘Gateway Timed Out’ at finishing setup, now gives you a nice countdown
  • Fixed rare condition where someone would enter non IP addresses in ‘static’ and switch back to dhcp, resulting in corrupted network settings
  • Some cleanup and visual changes
  • A small fix where you can't choose your own DNS server from now on.

See release notes of OpenFLIXR Online Update 1.1.7

Once mounted and powered so i have to run the setup before i do the update?

Noob Q : It looks like OpenFlixr by default looks for all the dir mount points used by all the services/apps to be local to the OpenFlixrVM - so /mnt/movies  , /mnt/downloads  etc.  If I already have all these as shares in unraid would it make sense to just mount them as NFS?  So unraidserver/movies would be NFS mounted to /mnt/movies on the OpenFlixr server.  Is that Linux 101 and I will get flamed for bringing it up :) ?  Any pitfalls to that?

Looking forward to playing with this new server - it looks great!

Thanks,

Mark

SMB=CIFS.

Would not work, went ahead and creates NFS shares to test the vm, had problems. gave it several tries and then gave up.

1. try booted, logged into setup, got to the final webpage, waited 15 minutes, could not tell if it rebooted or not, server said it was offline.

2. deleted that vm and started again, set it to a static ip in the wizard waited the 15 minutes and never switch to new ip and was still on old one, but server was offline. (tried static twice)

3. Deleted vm, started a new one, new approach, booted ssh and did the update, finally got done and setup was smoother. However, i choose the remote option (also choose this on previous installs) i never got an email from let's encrypt that SSL was created. I am using and DynDNS (duckdns) i know its working because i have the let's encrypt docker working(turned that off to setup this vm). last page where you confirm connection to plex was painful as plex did not get setup so all tests failed. Has to reboot the vm via ssh, once up plex begin to work. Still no SSL, no instruction on how to setup that part.

This is my experience and fails, I am not by any means saying the software does not work, i just could not get it to work.

• 4 months later...

Well I tried openflixr but I have a strange problem that doesn't seem to be a openflixr problem. I have strange speed problems when downloading. I hit a 20MB/sec limit with the VM but copying a file from a nfs share goes with 50-60MB/sec. So the speed in the machine is there. But when downloading the exact same NZB file on my unraid sabnzbd Docker speeds are around 55-60MB/sec (500mbit/up/down(fiber))

Is there somebody who maybe can explain this? I think the network copy speed also can be much higher.

These are my specs of the Unraid build:

Mainboard: Asus B150M PRO GAMING
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
DIMM DDR4 Synchronous 2133 MHz (0.5 ns) (corsair) (32GB)

LSI 9211-8i LSI00194 8 port 6GB/s  PCI-Express controller

3x Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB for Cache

5x Seagate Archive 8TB (ST800AS0002) (2 for Parity)

2x 8tb WD Red (data)

2x 4TB WD Red (data)

1x 4TB Seagate (data)

• 7 months later...

I have attempted to download OpenFLIXR_2.0_KVM_unRAID.img.zip from Stack, Dropbox (found a link) and torrent (no seeds) and I have tried Chrome, Edge, and IE 11. I can download the file most of the time, but I get a CRC header failed. Does anyone have any suggestion?