OpenFLIXR 2.5.1 U1 (Sunday, July 29, 2018)

OpenFLIXR Online Update - Changelog 1.1.7

To update from 1.0 to 1.1.7

Login to console or SSH

Execute:

sudo updateopenflixr

and enter your password

System will reboot when done

• Update Ubooquity to 1.10.1
  • Fix Ubooquity out of memory with large collections
  • Fix trusted root certificates
  • Fix sub-zero not working in Plex
  • Fix landing page offline message
  • Plex Media Server machine ID was cloned

After the fix, should you already had setup Plex Media Server in OpenFLIXR, all you have to do is go to:

http://IPADDRESS:32400/web/ and go accept the Terms of Use and login to your Plex account.

When you previously shared libraries with friends, yu have to share them again because of the new ID.

• Security updates
  • Performance updates
  • Enhanced privacy (internet facing servers)
  • Even better performance
  • Added ability to manually update Plex Media Server
  • Set your own ubooquity admin password (/comics/admin , default pass = openflixr. No security issue as this virtual dir is protected)
  • Improved SSLlabs score with zero drawbacks and improved security
  • Improved HTTP/2 performance
  • Local caching DNS resolver (you can’t select your own DNS servers from now on, Google’s are used as they are extremely fast)
  • Cache landing page better
  • Fixed Plexrequest Sickrage/Sonarr where they were both activated resulting in not functioning for people that already went through the web wizard.

You will find both sonarr and sickrage de-activated in plexrequest after this patch with a placeholder API key so you should (re)enable one of them yourself and enter correct info.

OpenFLIXR Web Wizard Update - Changelog 1.1.1

Web Wizard updates are automatically installed at boot time.

So when you (re)boot OpenFLIXR you will get the latest version.

• Plexrequest Sickrage/Sonarr fixed where they were both activated resulting in not functioning

Can’t find another solution than disabling Sonarr in plexrequest where you have to enable it yourself with the correct info.

When you go for the recommended and default Sickrage, there is nothing changed.

• Fixed 504 ‘Gateway Timed Out’ at finishing setup, now gives you a nice countdown
  • Fixed rare condition where someone would enter non IP addresses in ‘static’ and switch back to dhcp, resulting in corrupted network settings
  • Some cleanup and visual changes
  • A small fix where you can't choose your own DNS server from now on.

See release notes of OpenFLIXR Online Update 1.1.7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Figured it out.  I had used a generic Linux template, not Ubuntu.  Not sure why it matters, but when I recreated it as an Ubuntu template it worked fine.

Good evening!  Love the product and the philosophy behind it.  I am having a post-installation issue I'm hoping someone can help with.

I followed the template instructions on the first page, I've verified everything is the same as the image.  Unfortunately when I start the VM, I don't appear to grab an ip address.  I can login via vnc and where the server should show me my IP it is blank.

If I do a dhclient -r and then renew via dhclient, i get an IP and can login via the web interface.  However post setup wizard most of the services fail due to it not having an IP at start.

Is there something basic I'm missing, has anyone ever seen this behavior in unRaid VMs?

Thanks!

EDIT: Figured it out.  I had used a generic Linux template, not Ubuntu.  Not sure why it matters, but when I recreated it as an Ubuntu template it worked fine.

Good evening!  Love the product and the philosophy behind it.  I am having a post-installation issue I'm hoping someone can help with.

I followed the template instructions on the first page, I've verified everything is the same as the image.  Unfortunately when I start the VM, I don't appear to grab an ip address.  I can login via vnc and where the server should show me my IP it is blank.

If I do a dhclient -r and then renew via dhclient, i get an IP and can login via the web interface.  However post setup wizard most of the services fail due to it not having an IP at start.

Is there something basic I'm missing, has anyone ever seen this behavior in unRaid VMs?

Thanks!

not sure why you not getting an ip. but maybe try the following.

make sure you are using seabios not ovmf

make sure machine type is q35

if above is correct  start your vm then login to the console via vnc

type command ip a

it should say enp2s1

if it doesnt say this you will need to edit the file at /etc/network/interfaces and change where it says enp2s1 to what you got as a result from ip a

1Screen-Shot-2016-08-08-at-16.53.jpg

I can't get a hold on Lime Technology to add OpenFLIXR to the web store (they don't respond) so I will do my best to make it as easy as possible for you guys to run OpenFLIXR on unRAID.

If there's anything you think could be better regarding unRAID support, please let me know.

@jonp

That's who I send a PM 2 weeks ago.

It was Jonp himself who tossed the idea. Also, and this is where we differ in opinion, it was -never- designed to pirate software and to my knowledge there is not one piece of software included in OpenFLIXR that was designed to pirate software. Yes of course, you could I guess.

Not what OpenFLIXR is about.

Please let me know if this thread doesn't belong here, I wasn't aware there were people thinking OpenFLIXR would be some kind of illegal software of sorts.

I had to google that word since I'm not native English ;)

Well, let's not. But I have a very different opinion on what these software are about.

We'll let Lime Technology decide. Again, it wasn't me who came up with the idea.

I only wanted you unRAID guys to have an easier option to run OpenFLIXR and the sound of including it in the web GUI sounds like a great way.

Tbh I wouldn't expect a commercial software package such as unraid to include a template for a vm that includes software designed to pirate media.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

What people must realise is that software that allows you to get media protected by the "hollywood copyright cartels" isnt illegal. Also the term illegal can be different in different places. Using a vpn in Saudia Arbia can land you in jail for 10 years.

What is illegal or against corporate made laws is possessing said media without paying the companies who produce the content. The use of torrent or nzb software can be used to do this, but then the use of the google search engine can also be used

for similar purposes.

I do beleive that content makers should be payed for what they make but the powers they want to ensure they get it, in its mildest form can be called  "prosecutorial overreach."

I personally think Hollywood etc has too much power (think about Kim Dotcom and megaupload being closed down and his house in new zealand stormed by armed police, even though he has never set foot in the usa) and if they had their way our privacy and online freedom would be far far less than it is today, but thanks to heroes like the late Aaron Shwartz who helped defeat SOPA it is more difficult for them to do this.

However that said I agree with squid as to why Limetech may not put a template in for openflixr. It is a vm which "can" be used for collecting media you may not already have purchased. They dont include a template for osx either, although there is offical support for it in vmware etc. They are a small company and have to carefully choose what they officially support so as not to have any trouble with these copyright cartels!!

I totally understand if Lime Technology would not include OpenFLIXR in their web gui. I would have liked a response though, that's all :)

Also, nicely said Gridrunner!

wow!  This is pretty neat!  I'm going to give this a shot myself.  Would you be open to us creating a template for this in unRAID so users could download the VM directly through the unRAID webGui similar to how we do OpenELEC and LibreELEC?

Yes they should reply after suggesting it to you.

Hi all,

Apologies to Openflixr for not writing back sooner.  We've been swamped lately and I let this one get away from me.  I am still a big fan of this project in that I love the idea of an "all in one" media player/server VM that contains a universal setup wizard.

We did discuss this internally and the inclusion of software such as NZB downloaders will prohibit us from official support with the OS.  However, we can recommend the creation of a plugin for unRAID that could make the install/use of this VM even easier.

Again, apologies for not responding sooner.

I bet Community Applications is already looking to expand into the VM realm now... :D

Thought about it many times.  But not too many VM appliances that I'm aware of here.  And beyond that, I would require  immense assistance from dmacias and eschultz with the appropriate virsh, and qemu commands.  Probably the best solution is for someone who knows what they're doing to make the backend, and let CA handle the front end

Thanks jonp for your response. Really appreciate it! Since I'm not familiar with unRAID, what does a plugin entail? Is this something one of you can arrange? Does it make using OpenFLIXR from unRAID easier?

It would make installation easier without having to even frequent the forums here to even know that something exists.

Thanks jonp for your response. Really appreciate it! Since I'm not familiar with unRAID, what does a plugin entail? Is this something one of you can arrange? Does it make using OpenFLIXR from unRAID easier?

It would make installation easier without having to even frequent the forums here to even know that something exists.

Ok, that sounds really great. But it also sounds like a lot of work :)