NIC bonding, Unraid backup and docker backup!

I have a few quickie newb questions if anyone has a sec?

1. I have 6 NIC's and want to increase throughput. I dont yet have a managed switch. What are my options?

2. Is there a best practice for backing up my unraid USB pendrive? would really like to know recovery on pendrive failure was protected!

3. How are people backing up their docker app configs? Are people just cron/rsyncing there /mnt/cache/appdata folders to another disk?

Any info would be awesome, i've trawled but couldnt find any solid advice on the above.

@ Jonnie.Black - If i were to invest in a semi managed switch that could support LAG/LACP would that be my only option for windows clients?

For now yes, note however that it won't accelerate a single transfer, i.e., a single file copy will still be limited to gigabit.

unRAID 6.2 includes Samba with smb multichannel support, only experimental for now, and I couldn't get it to work, when it works you don't need a managed switch and it can accelerate single transfers.

It's more for multiple clients accessing unrai on different shares and disks tbh.

LACP is good for this, you just need a switch with support.

Any caveats to trying to enable multichannel smb?

SAMBA SMB multichannel support is experimental only, data corruption can occur, only recommended for testing purposes for now.

Good to know about the corruption i take it that it should be finalized for the official Unraid 6.2 release? I was debating at looking at getting a 24 port switch with 2 SFP+ 10gb ports for Unraid and my ESXi Lab... My thinking was simplify the network config by just running a 10gb card in Unraid and in ESXi and leave the rest of the switch gigabit. What do you think??

@johnnie.black -

SAMBA is what linux uses for SMB support, it's not a Limetech product, unRAID includes the version available at the time of release.

https://www.samba.org/

Yeah i know :) I was just wondering when multichannel SMB support would be stable and supported within unraid really.

On the basis that there is a small delay between a Samba release becoming available to the general Linux community and getting it into unRAID then I would assume that it will be few months after the Samba consortium finally announce it is stable!  Even then I would only expect it to initially be available as part of a beta release.