Can't delete files / folders via windows explorer (transmission related?)

skot4th

I'm having an issue where I can't delete certain folders or files via windows explorer (win 10).

It seems to be related to files downloaded via the Transmission Docker. 

I've had a google and it seems that there may be some permissions that aren't correct?

I've attached the windows error message and also the permissions of the transmission download folder (shares a folder with Sabnzbd downloads)

Windows say's that I need permission from "user nobody".  I've checked the permissions via SSH / PuTTY and they say the folder belonds to user nobody, so I shouldn't have an issue deleting them?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

cant_delete_from_unraid.JPG.09b3f2f5cd06fe296598f8a40c3ead22.JPG

error.JPG.83fd14b5d5a133f0c7be7ec295e1a08c.JPG

Its the permissions of the files within (Probably set to something like 0770 or 0700)  There's probably a setting within transmission to set the permissions to 0777

In the meantime, to fix them you either need to install FCP and run the docker-safe new permissions script or manually do a chmod on the files, or delete them via the command line or midnight commander

you can change the permissions with a chmod command. i would use the the permission squid has mentioned.

not that this would be your problem. but i had this problem when i originally set up my unraid server. the version of transmission i had would change the file permissions randomly to "nobody". this was corrupting my files as they were being moved into plex. i had to download "community applications" and found that the docker i was using was unsupported. the new one i downloaded all i needed to do was change the username and password and it worked correctly.

did you download your version of transmission through the community applications?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.0

you can change the permissions with a chmod command. i would use the the permission squid has mentioned.

not that this would be your problem. but i had this problem when i originally set up my unraid server. the version of transmission i had would change the file permissions randomly to "nobody". this was corrupting my files as they were being moved into plex. i had to download "community applications" and found that the docker i was using was unsupported. the new one i downloaded all i needed to do was change the username and password and it worked correctly.

did you download your version of transmission through the community applications?

I can't install the community applications plug in.  It fails each time I try.

Do you know what Transmission docker you currently have installed and I can manually search for it?  Thanks

Do you know what Transmission docker you currently have installed and I can manually search for it?  Thanks

How does CA fail to install?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Fixing this problem should be a higher priority than getting any particular docker or plugin problem solved.

I wanted to remove my transmission docker and see if the other-one helped fix the issue.

I've connected to the unraid server via PuTTY using both SSH and Telnet.

I've used the following command to try and change the permission on the whole directory, however this has had no effect.

chmod 777 /mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/

Am I using the correct command line to execute the chmod?

The folder does have a capital D on Downloads, hence why I've done the same on the command line.

Thanks

EDIT:  Should I be applying the chmod command to the user share or to the disks?

Take a look at umask in settings.json

Done.

At first I couldn't even open / copy the settings.json file from my unRAID server to my desktop - Was saying I didn't have the permission to do this.

I CHMODed the transmission folder to allow me to do this, before copying the file to my desktop to edit.  I've also kept a copy of the old settings file in the directory as "settings backup"

Hopefully this has fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help.