Reinstalling unRAID

Does anyone know know what the easiest way would be to wipe my server and start fresh.  After the 6.2 upgrade, then downgrade, my server is all buggy and I can't get more than 24 hours uptime.  If i wipe the flash drive, what files do I need to copy for the key?  I understand I bzroot and bzimage are the two files that load into RAM, which I copied back to the flash drive from the 6.1.9 zip to downgrade, but my dockers still aren't working as they were prior to the upgrade.  Are there files that I want to keep for the license, or do I just put in my code I receive from e-mail when I boot the server for the first time?

On my system the key file is "<GUID>.key" and is in the "config" directory on the flash drive.  Don't know what you labeled your key file but I renamed mine to the GUID.key.

I did that so I would know which one went with which USB key.  That isn't necessary now I believe. I've seen other posts from those with multiple servers saying they have all their keys in the config directory on all of the servers.

On my system the key file is "<GUID>.key" and is in the "config" directory on the flash drive.  Don't know what you labeled your key file but I renamed mine to the GUID.key.

I did that so I would know which one went with which USB key.  That isn't necessary now I believe. I've seen other posts from those with multiple servers saying they have all their keys in the config directory on all of the servers.

Keeping all your keys together works well until you have a key failure and need to do an automated key replacement. It would suck to accidentally blacklist one of your other running keys.

Keeping all your keys together works well until you have a key failure and need to do an automated key replacement. It would suck to accidentally blacklist one of your other running keys.

Never thought of that.  So my way is better anyway.  I only have a single key file on each USB flash.

Never thought of that.  So my way is better anyway.  I only have a single key file on each USB flash.

As long as you keep a notated backup of the key files showing which file belongs to which physical key.  ;D

All I need to keep is that key file then?  Plugins can be reinstalled, dockers will be on cache drive, and I can add my existing vdisks. 

I'm so disappointed my whole server is wrecked from this update  :(

The key file links your physical USB to your purchased license. If you want to attempt to migrate various other configurations from your current config, I recommend researching the wiki on upgrading unraid. It's not up to date with the 6.1.9 -> 6.2 yet, but it still shows generally what purpose the files on the USB serve.

Here's a couple links with partial information  :-\

https://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Files_on_the_unRAID_flash_drive

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrading_to_UnRAID_v6#Upgrade_or_Clean_Install.3F

You should be able to keep your appdata for your dockers, but I'd blow away and recreate the docker.img file. It's not normally supposed to have any unique information anyway, it's recreated when you redownload dockers. You may want to keep your VM xml's, danioj has a good post showing how to deal with VM's. http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51874.msg498421#msg498421

As long as you keep a notated backup of the key files showing which file belongs to which physical key.  ;D

That's why the USB flash is labeled with it's GUID and the file has the GUID in the name.

Here's a couple links with partial information  :-\

https://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Files_on_the_unRAID_flash_drive

Don't use Files on the unRAID flash drive.  It's old, for v5, needs to be labeled as such, sorry!

Use Files on v6 boot drive.  It's up to date for v6.  It also has a Starting Over section.

Sorry, I thought there was better info out there, but my quick googling failed to uncover them.

Thanks guys, I would love to contribute to this wiki but I think the organization is flawed.  We need some kind of hierarchy for placing all these pages..  I have had a couple users of the forum recommend not even using the wiki and to just seek out the information in the forums.

Back to the issue, along the lines of bzimage and bzroot, how am I still having issues after downgrading again?  All I did was replace these two files, just as instructed in the wiki.  I have no ssh access (root access denied), plex is still eating up all the RAM, and I come home today and the CPU was clocked out and ram full.  It was unresponsive so I had to pull the plug.  From my understanding, by replacing these two files, I should have gotten rid of all the issues that arose from the initial upgrade.  What am I missing?  Technically I am starting fresh already, correct?

Okay thanks Squid, I must have posted my initial question in a misunderstanding way because this is just the answer I am looking for.  Maybe we should add those files to the page on v6 files, in the section about starting over.  Some users may want to keep their Plex configurations when starting over.

RobJ has already done that.  But even there its a relatively minor thing as all you have to do is add the volume mappings over again.  The important thing is the appdata which is stored on the cache drive.

Beyond all that, CA has backup features for flash drives, docker appdata, and VM xml's built into it.

So you're saying that the only thing stored in the config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user directory on the flash drive are the volume mappings?  I can just download my dockers again and they will load the appdata currently on my cache drive?

Yeah.  You just point the /config folders on the blank templates to where they were before (and add any additional volumes you originally had), set the host ports again if you changed them, and it'll all be the exact same.