Windows cannot access .. . You do not have permission

veritas2884

Hello All,

Having an issue where some folders inside a share work great and other folders give me a "Network Error" pop up with the text "Windows cannot access \\server\share\folder"

Then in smaller text it says " You do not have permission to access \\server\share\folder . Contact your network administrator to request access" Since that person is me, I am out of options :-)

I will let you know that even though I cannot access the folder via Windows networking. Plex, which is running in a docker in Unraid, can still play the file inside that folder without issue.

Any help would be awesome.

carefreecfc-diagnostics-20160927-0906.zip

Here is my output...

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...

Phase 2 - using internal log

- scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...

- found root inode chunk

Phase 3 - for each AG...

- scan (but don't clear) agi unlinked lists...

- process known inodes and perform inode discovery...

- agno = 0

- agno = 1

- agno = 2

- agno = 3

- agno = 4

- agno = 5

- agno = 6

- agno = 7

- process newly discovered inodes...

Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...

- setting up duplicate extent list...

- check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...

- agno = 0

- agno = 1

- agno = 4

- agno = 2

- agno = 5

- agno = 3

- agno = 6

- agno = 7

No modify flag set, skipping phase 5

Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...

- traversing filesystem ...

- traversal finished ...

- moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...

Phase 7 - verify link counts...

No modify flag set, skipping filesystem flush and exiting.

Figured it out.

I ran Tools - New Permissions and it worked!

if that fixed it then you need to work out why the permissions were wrong in the first place or the problem is likely to re-occur.  How was the file put there in the first place?

Couchpotato does my movie sorting and Sonaar does my TV sorting. Could they not be granted the correct permissions?

Figured it out.

if that fixed it then you need to work out why the permissions were wrong in the first place or the problem is likely to re-occur.  How was the file put there in the first place?

Couchpotato does my movie sorting and Sonaar does my TV sorting. Could they not be granted the correct permissions?

Depends what version you're using, I know our versions run as nobody:users out the box on Unraid so that would rule it out if you're using our containers.

Figured it out.

Don't do this if you run docker applications (and have the new perms tool include the drive your appdata is stored on)

Depending upon the docker apps you have installed, the new permissions that get set may have adverse affects on the apps.

If you really need to run new permissions, use the Docker Safe New Permissions Tool instead (comes with Fix Common Problems) - It will skip over your appdata (and CA's appdata Backup)

Figured it out.

Don't do this if you run docker applications (and have the new perms tool include the drive your appdata is stored on)

Depending upon the docker apps you have installed, the new permissions that get set may have adverse affects on the apps.

If you really need to run new permissions, use the Docker Safe New Permissions Tool instead (comes with Fix Common Problems) - It will skip over your appdata (and CA's appdata Backup)

Sounds like it's a little too late...  ::)

Figured it out.

Sounds like it's a little too late...  ::)

Not if you have a delorean and a flux capacitor

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Archived