Windows 10 VM - No RDP Access

It is set statically because I have 5 clients on my network that I need to always be at the same IPs (Ubuntu Server, this VM for RDP access, unRAID host, etc).  I reserve the first 5 IPs on my subnet for this purpose., starting with 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.100 for the unRAID server.  This VM is set to br0, and all network functions work other than the RDP port not listening.  I have internet, network share access, and I can connect to that VM's shares from anywhere else. 

Also, I cannot upgrade to 6.2 as it does not work with my hardware (AMD FX series), and breaks my Windows VMs.  That is the reason I had to go through the hassle of downgrading, reloading my VMs, and ultimately the reason I have this problem currently. 

It is set statically because I have 5 clients on my network that I need to always be at the same IPs (Ubuntu Server, this VM for RDP access, unRAID host, etc).  I reserve the first 5 IPs on my subnet for this purpose., starting with 10.0.0.1 for the unRAID server.  This VM is set to br0, and all network functions work other than the RDP port not listening.  I have internet, network share access, and I can connect to that VM's shares from anywhere else. 

Also, I cannot upgrade to 6.2 as it does not work with my hardware (AMD FX series), and breaks my Windows VMs.  That is the reason I had to go through the hassle of downgrading, reloading my VMs, and ultimately the reason I have this problem currently.

what IP is the router set to?    Many routers are on the .1 address, which you have used for unRAID.

Sorry that was my bad.  The router is set to 10.0.0.1, my DCHP server issues IPs from 10.0.0.110-10.0.0.200

My unRAID server is 10.0.0.100

ubuntu server - 10.0.0.102

Windows 10 - 10.0.0.105

Windows 7 - 10.0.0.106

Like I said, all network functionality is okay.  It is just the RDP port on the 10.0.0.105 Windows 10 VM.

Sorry that was my bad.  The router is set to 10.0.0.1, my DCHP server issues IPs from 10.0.0.110-10.0.0.200

Windows 10 - 10.0.0.105

Windows 7 - 10.0.0.106

Like I said, all network functionality is okay.  It is just the RDP port on the 10.0.0.105 Windows 10 VM.

Can you access other ports on the server and does ping work?

Yes, I can ping the VM, access the public shares on it, and all other network functions.  I changed the port in the registry even, and no matter what port I change it to it still does not come up as listening when running netstat.

Are your settings exactly like this (screenshots)?

Open "allow an app through Windows Firewall" and allow "Remote Desktop" (private and public networks) http://i.imgur.com/vJ3W2rr.png. Also open "Allow remote access to your computer" and enable RDP http://i.imgur.com/0msIWNL.png. With these settings it shouldn't matter if the network is public or private, if it still doesn't work try reinstalling the VirtIO drivers.

Yes, Remote Desktop is enabled to go through the firewall just like your screenshots show.  But I have the firewall turned off currently to rule that out regardless.

I did reinstall the VirtIO drivers, and I installed version .126 from the Fedora site.

It's still a no go.

Do you use these settings for RDP?

0msIWNL.png

And how does the "Remote Desktop Users" window look on your system, does it say that "[YOUR USERNAME] already has access"?

I am 99% sure that there is a problem with the RDP or firewall configuration.

EDIT: Are inbound connections on all profiles allowed in the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security?

Is it a Microsoft account or a local account? Aslo is the network connect considered "private" it can not be public for rdp you may need to switch that over. Try adding another user the opposite of the one that is not working ie local or microsoft. If its a local account i think its localaccount/username, obviously if its a microsoft account its the full email address.  If that wont work add a microsoft account to store your digital license make sure in activator is says linked to your microsoft account. After re-install and on first boot if it is not activated use the wizard and say "I recently changed my hardware". The one VM activated automatically my other I had to use the wizard. Of course the beauty of it being a VM, just make another VM install and try it.

f3dora, I set those as you requested and still a no go.  I am almost certain the firewall is not the problem here as I have completely disabled it and still no go.

Nickglott, I did create a separate local account to test with and I still haven't had any luck.  At first I thought this issue was with how Microsoft tried to tie in the online accounts with Windows 10, but through a process of elimination I have found that not to be the problem.

The fact the port is not listening leads me to believe it is something with RDP and not the firewall or accounts.  If that were the case, it would still find the computer and just not allow a connection.  Currently the port is not listening, so my RDP clients cannot find the VM in the first place.

Just something I was wondering about. You said earlier that your unraid box is 10.0.0.1, and then later that your pfsense is 10.0.0.1. Is that correct or did I misunderstand you?

I'm too lazy to go back through the thread, so I ask instead  ;)

Windows 10 - 10.0.0.105

Windows 7 - 10.0.0.106

Not like it's a long thread, there's lazy, and there's bone idle.....  ;D

Just something I was wondering about. You said earlier that your unraid box is 10.0.0.1, and then later that your pfsense is 10.0.0.1. Is that correct or did I misunderstand you?

I'm too lazy to go back through the thread, so I ask instead  ;)

Windows 10 - 10.0.0.105

Windows 7 - 10.0.0.106

Not like it's a long thread, there's lazy, and there's bone idle.....  ;D

I actually did go back after I posted  ;D But you were to quick, so you noticed....  ::)

He first said unraid was 10.0.0.1, but edited it later and I didn't read the posts after well enough....  ::)