Please Help - Lost access to all my drives

Hi,

I recently just upgraded to version 6.

My server is a 24 bay server, with 3 raid cards.

My previous set up was using VMWare. VMWare was using the top 4 drives to 1 raid card (an LSI).

Unraid was using the other 20 drives spread across the other 2 raid cards. The smaller of the 2 cards is an M1015, I dont remember the model but the other unraid card is the M1015's big brother with 5 or 6 ports.

I never used VMWare, so wanted to use unRaid only on the server. I removed the raid card that VMWare was using, and plugged the cable into the last slot on the raid card.

When I started up unRaid all my disks were unassigned. I thought no biggy, I'll just unplug it and switch back, but now all my disks are unassigned and it says my registration key is invalid.

Can someone please help me? I would love to add these other 4 disks into unRaid as I don't have a cache on the current array and want to use Docker.

1) How do I get my system to be registered again? I haven't changed the USB stick.

2) How do I add the other 4 drives to the Raid Controller so I can assign them as cache drives?

Thanks

Hi,

I posted this in the General support forum.

I recently just upgraded to version 6.

My server is a 24 bay server, with 3 raid cards.

My previous set up was using VMWare. VMWare was using the top 4 drives to 1 raid card (an LSI).

Unraid was using the other 20 drives spread across the other 2 raid cards. The smaller of the 2 cards is an M1015, I dont remember the model but the other unraid card is the M1015's big brother with 5 or 6 ports.

I never used VMWare, so wanted to use unRaid only on the server. I removed the raid card that VMWare was using, and plugged the cable into the last slot on the raid card.

When I started up unRaid all my disks were unassigned. I thought no biggy, I'll just unplug it and switch back, but now all my disks are unassigned and it says my registration key is invalid.

Can someone please help me? I would love to add these other 4 disks into unRaid as I don't have a cache on the current array and want to use Docker.

1) How do I get my system to be registered again? I haven't changed the USB stick.

2) How do I add the other 4 drives to the Raid Controller so I can assign them as cache drives?

Thanks

What type of usb drive are you using?

UnRaid maintains a list of deprecated keys. There have been cases where a key turns out to be non unique, including most if not all memory card readers. If your key was found to be non unique it could have been invalidated to produce the invalid key message.

You are the first person I can remember getting this error, and could be the whole RAID card experience is coincidental to the issue you are having. And yes, limetech is your next step.

Hi,

It appears you have two USB flash devices attached to this system that may both have an unRAID installation present.  This is likely the root cause of the issue.  The two devices are a Lexar and a Verbatim.  Please remove one of those two devices and try rebooting.  If after rebooting your drive assignments don't come back, shut down the server and replace the USB device left attached with the one you removed.