Norco 4224 Thread

Guest Jomp

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was inserting today the upper most left drive in a 4220 and the drive mounted in the carrier couldn't slide inside it's slot as some screws inside on the left were way too long and getting in the way!! Now, that is what I call bad QS, I mean it is not that the case is empty and may be sanded on... §§$ Sorry about my frustration...

I was inserting today the upper most left drive in a 4220 and the drive mounted in the carrier couldn't slide inside it's slot as some screws inside on the left were way too long and getting in the way!! Now, that is what I call bad QS, I mean it is not that the case is empty and may be sanded on... §§$ Sorry about my frustration...

I feel your pain. I just got most of my case switch done into the 4224, only to find that I couldn't insert a SFF-8087 cable into the very bottom row. After undoing everything, I found a solder glob on the inside of the connector. I'll try to get them to send another backplane asap. Will try to upload some pics of the mostly-completed server tomorrow.

Hello,

We'll improve our products for less noise.

We're going to provide RPC-4224 users 120mm fan bracket for free later (customers are responsible for shipping fee).

Better yet, give an option to purchase without fans, middle and rear, at a lower price.  Keep in mind that the majority of your customers are probably small business or home enthusiasts.  So noise is really a BIG factor.

I would really love to order the 4224 if there is a guarantee that I will get the 120mm fan plate for free when it is available.

We feel sorry for this inconvenience. Please adjust the screws and insert the drive carrier carefully.

In new version RPC-4020/4220 and RPC-4224, we did some modification to let the drive carriers slide in and out smoother.

Everything looks good, will give it a full parity check tonight. Partiy checks are a joy to watch, with all the blue activity lights going crazy  :D

The main fan plate is loud. I hope they get the 120mm solution done quickly. Does anybody know of a quiet 80mm fan with a 4 pin connector? If it has a 4 pin connector, I could just drop them right in.

Does anybody know of a quiet 80mm fan with a 4 pin connector? If it has a 4 pin connector, I could just drop them right in.

Look for this one

Arctic Cooling Arctic F8 PWM, 80x80x25mm, 700-2000rpm, 47.6m³/h, 0.3 Sone

This is a picture of the actual fan and connector. I don't think that a PWM fan would work?: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VVVO3c8qoQc/TIcbdciidQI/AAAAAAAABP0/w1LszHVE_h4/s1600/5.JPG

Does anybody know of a quiet 80mm fan with a 4 pin connector? If it has a 4 pin connector, I could just drop them right in.

Look for this one

Arctic Cooling Arctic F8 PWM, 80x80x25mm, 700-2000rpm, 47.6m³/h, 0.3 Sone

This is a picture of the actual fan and connector. I don't think that a PWM fan would work?: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VVVO3c8qoQc/TIcbdciidQI/AAAAAAAABP0/w1LszHVE_h4/s1600/5.JPG

This is not a PWM fan. PWM fans use 4-wire.

• Guest changed the title to Norco 4224 Thread