Fix common problems tells me there are problems with my setup

peeqi

I have the plugin "Fix common problems" installed and i ran a test this morning to have it report back 2 errors. 

• Out Of Memory errors detected on your server

• Call Traces found on your server

I have attached my diagnostics and i hope this can be resolved. I am trying out UnRAID for the first time and so far i'm very satisfied.

unraid-diagnostics-20170621-1035.zip

The system i have is a HP Gen8 Microserver with the celeron CPU as well as 16GB of ECC memory and a SSD cache disk with 4 HDDs.

I'm using similar hardware (HP Gen7 Microserver and 10GB memory) with Unraid 6.3.5. 

For the last few months I have been seeing out of memory errors like yours

"Jun 21 04:31:33 UNRAID kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 9943 (python2) score 50 or sacrifice child"

with various processes, often for me it is

These are the two major killers:

Jun 24 04:50:59 unraid1 kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 1452 (smbd) score 1 or sacrifice child

Jun 12 04:34:38 unraid1 kernel: Out of memory: Kill process 2500 (shfs) score 3 or sacrifice child

What I haven't been able to find out is what is taking up the memory, as stats -> system stats shows that there is plenty of memory available.

I'm guessing a plugin may be at fault, so I deleted most of my plugins.  I still have

• Server Layout
  • Community Applications
  • Dynamix Active Streams
  • Dynamix System Information
  • Dynamix System Statistics

All up to date.

Is anyone else seeing these problems?

On 6/21/2017 at 4:38 AM, peeqi said:

I have the plugin "Fix common problems" installed and i ran a test this morning to have it report back 2 errors. 

• Out Of Memory errors detected on your server

• Call Traces found on your server

I have attached my diagnostics and i hope this can be resolved. I am trying out UnRAID for the first time and so far i'm very satisfied.

unraid-diagnostics-20170621-1035.zip

The system i have is a HP Gen8 Microserver with the celeron CPU as well as 16GB of ECC memory and a SSD cache disk with 4 HDDs.

99% of them are page allocation stalls (basically a brain fart), and there's a single OOM error that happened when mover was running.

I think that this might help you.

Install the Tips & Tweaks plugin, and change some settings as per this thread:

Archived