FFMPEG Docker

If this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

I have a growing need for a ffmpeg/docker and I was wondering if one the the people/groups who are docker experts could point me in the direction of some good documentation or better still construct such a docker. No fancy gui needed as I find it easier to use the command line.

Of cause if this is not a viable solution also feel free to tell me so.

Kevin.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah... same story. I have couple of  hundreds of .ts files which I need to convert to .mkv, strongly preferably -- without transcoding. Gave up on mkvmerge, found that ffmpeg does it nicely, harried for ffmpeg docker... oops. Not in Community Applications. Not in Nerd Pack. Small nice docker "convert2mkv" requires all files in one place and each and every way I tried to make it load/output from other directories failed. Even provided symbolic links in the directory -- nope. Tried half dozen ffmpeg dockers from Docker Hup -- neither will start, I gave up on them too.

Will look for no-transcoding mode in HandBrake, and if no, my only way would be to install ffmpeg on my Windows laptop and do conversions over the network... :(

3 hours ago, pkn said:

Yeah... same story. I have couple of  hundreds of .ts files which I need to convert to .mkv, strongly preferably -- without transcoding. Gave up on mkvmerge, found that ffmpeg does it nicely, harried for ffmpeg docker... oops. Not in Community Applications. Not in Nerd Pack. Small nice docker "convert2mkv" requires all files in one place and each and every way I tried to make it load/output from other directories failed. Even provided symbolic links in the directory -- nope. Tried half dozen ffmpeg dockers from Docker Hup -- neither will start, I gave up on them too.

Will look for no-transcoding mode in HandBrake, and if no, my only way would be to install ffmpeg on my Windows laptop and do conversions over the network... :(

Take a look a the MKVToolNix docker, this might be what you are after, has worked a treat for me. 
https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/58039-support-djoss-mkvtoolnix/