[Support] Djoss - CrashPlan PRO (aka CrashPlan for Small Business)

42 minutes ago, Djoss said:

When using default container settings, you need to re-select you files that are now under /storage.  It's not obvious to see, but you can scroll down if you don't see the folder.

I see it now.

Is there a way to force the docker path to match my old docker? So I can keep file versioning etc?

23 minutes ago, egtrev said:

I see it now.

Is there a way to force the docker path to match my old docker? So I can keep file versioning etc?

Yes, in container's settings, you can add a "Path", where both the host and container sides will be "/mnt/user".

10 minutes ago, egtrev said:

Thank you, what access mode should I use for the path?

I would set to read only.

Just remember that if you need to restore files directory under /mnt/user, you will need to temporarily set the access mode to read/write.

6 minutes ago, Djoss said:

I would set to read only.

Just remember that if you need to restore files directory under /mnt/user, you will need to temporarily set the access mode to read/write.

Great, thank you. It finds everything now in their original locations :)

I upgraded from a different author's crashplan container.  Started with an empty appdata and have been re-linking my files per the instructions.  I've noticed, though, that it seems to be re-uploading everything.  I'm not sure why or if there's something I can check.  In a couple of instances I went to the restore section on the website and saw that the files were there (in the old path) available for restore - but the files are still uploading again.

In the new GUI it shows the backups at 0% with the entirety of the backup set still "to back up".

Is there something else I should check or change to get it to recognize what's already there and skip so I don't have to re-upload TBs of data?  Or any way to see whether the deduplication is actually functioning properly? 

EDIT: I may have figured it out.  I just re-created the path that I had in the old container to point to /mnt/user and then removed the selection that was using the new path.  It's currently "Backing up" my largest backup set but even though the # GBs backed up increasing it looks like that data isn't actually transferring so it must be actually deduplicating now.  Not sure if the change of file paths kept it from doing that previously but adding the old path seems to have done the trick.

Edited by skidz7
New Info
4 hours ago, skidz7 said:

I upgraded from a different author's crashplan container.  Started with an empty appdata and have been re-linking my files per the instructions.  I've noticed, though, that it seems to be re-uploading everything.  I'm not sure why or if there's something I can check.  In a couple of instances I went to the restore section on the website and saw that the files were there (in the old path) available for restore - but the files are still uploading again.

In the new GUI it shows the backups at 0% with the entirety of the backup set still "to back up".

Is there something else I should check or change to get it to recognize what's already there and skip so I don't have to re-upload TBs of data?  Or any way to see whether the deduplication is actually functioning properly? 

EDIT: I may have figured it out.  I just re-created the path that I had in the old container to point to /mnt/user and then removed the selection that was using the new path.  It's currently "Backing up" my largest backup set but even though the # GBs backed up increasing it looks like that data isn't actually transferring so it must be actually deduplicating now.  Not sure if the change of file paths kept it from doing that previously but adding the old path seems to have done the trick.

CrashPlan backup status/progress is not really clear and is confusing.  Looks like data is being uploaded while in fact is is being deduplicated.

Still pulling my hair out over this, it's the last step for this server build and it just isn't working

[CrashPlanEngine] starting...

Edited by Michael_P
7 hours ago, Michael_P said:

Still pulling my hair out over this, it's the last step for this server build and it just isn't working

Did you try to re-create the docker system image?

7 hours ago, Michael_P said:

Also, can you provide the output of:

docker inspect CrashPlanPRO

2 minutes ago, Michael_P said:

Yes, tried that too

Could it be related to something you backup?  For example, if you setup CP as a new device and select no files to backup, do you have the same issue?  If not, try to progressively add files to backup and check when it start to fail.

The other idea I have is to try with a new account, just to remove the possibility of something being pushed by the cloud....

8 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Could it be related to something you backup?  For example, if you setup CP as a new device and select no files to backup, do you have the same issue?  If not, try to progressively add files to backup and check when it start to fail.

The other idea I have is to try with a new account, just to remove the possibility of something being pushed by the cloud....

yes, tried that too - if I stop the container, it will not start the service again, I have to delete appdata to get it to run again. Similar to francrouge's problem and my logs show the same error:

1 hour ago, Djoss said:

So you reproduce the issue even without files to backup?

You also tried with a different account?

Yes, I set up the "new" device but did not add any files to the backup set - then I restart the container and the service fails to start until appdata is deleted again

Tried a new account, same issue

45 minutes ago, Michael_P said:

Yes, I set up the "new" device but did not add any files to the backup set - then I restart the container and the service fails to start until appdata is deleted again

Tried a new account, same issue

This error keeps showing up in the logs, probably why it's failing:

2018/05/23-12:31:05.285880 14e5665f8700 Level-0 table #5: 247 bytes IO error: /usr/local/crashplan/conf/udb/000005.ldb: No such device

SEVERE: Service UniversalStorageService [FAILED] has failed in the STARTING state.
java.io.IOException: IO error: /usr/local/crashplan/conf/udb/000005.ldb: No such device

16 hours ago, Michael_P said:

This error keeps showing up in the logs, probably why it's failing:

2018/05/23-12:31:05.285880 14e5665f8700 Level-0 table #5: 247 bytes IO error: /usr/local/crashplan/conf/udb/000005.ldb: No such device

SEVERE: Service UniversalStorageService [FAILED] has failed in the STARTING state.
java.io.IOException: IO error: /usr/local/crashplan/conf/udb/000005.ldb: No such device

Yes the missing file is the reason of the failure, but I have no idea why it is missing.

If you check in /usr/local/crashplan/conf/udb, you see other files right?

Are you running the latest unRAID stable version?  Are you installing the container using the Community Application plugin?

An other test you can do is try to remove from the container's setting the config directory.  You need to toggle to the advanced view to perform this.

37 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Yes the missing file is the reason of the failure, but I have no idea why it is missing.

If you check in /usr/local/crashplan/conf/udb, you see other files right?

Are you running the latest unRAID stable version?  Are you installing the container using the Community Application plugin?

An other test you can do is try to remove from the container's setting the config directory.  You need to toggle to the advanced view to perform this.

I'm running version 6.5.1 and installing via the Community Application plugin

There is no crashplan folder in /usr/local - only:

bin/  emhttp/  etc/  lib/  lib64/  sbin/  src/

8 minutes ago, Michael_P said:

There is no crashplan folder in /usr/local - only:

bin/  emhttp/  etc/  lib/  lib64/  sbin/  src/

Sorry I meant inside the container.  You can execute something like:

docker exec CrashPlanPRO find /usr/local/crashplan

9 minutes ago, Michael_P said:

Here's the output

Docker_Find.txt

And what about ( make sure to run while having the CP errors):