irq 16: nobody cared found on your server

Endy

irq 16: nobody cared found on your server

I just saw this start popping up in Fix Common Problems. I have not made any recent hardware changes. I have been having some issues with vm's locking up my unraid server (which I posted a topic about in the kvm section of the forum and may or may not having anything to do with irq16 nobody cared).

What do I do now?

turtle-diagnostics-20171111-1005.zip

Edited by Endy
15 minutes ago, Squid said:

IRQ's being disabled is usually caused by incompatible hardware being present.  Usually its not a big deal as the system communicates with the hardware by other means, but if you notice slowdowns on parity checks etc then you should try relocating the addon cards.

So just switching some cards to different pcie slots might fix this? It just seems odd that this wasn't happening before and I didn't make any changes to the hardware.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Efficiency93 said:

Sorry the revive an old thread. I have just received this warning too. I dont have any additional cards on my server. Should I be concerned?

First thing.  You should never post up a new problem in an existing thread.  If it is an active thread, you will add nothing but confusion to the process of helping the OP.  IF it a dead thread, there is an excellent possibly that no one will ever see your post.  (This is not true if it a version release thread as it tends to keep all of issues together UNLESS  in the first post of that thread LimeTech requests that you not do so.)  Please, don't be afraid to start a new thread.  The community helpers will appreciate it and you will get quicker and more personal service.  

Now to your problem.  I thought I recalled that the condition is usually harmless for unRAID systems UNLESS there is some other issue.  Googling revealed that it often caused by an interrupt being assigned to an piece of hardware without a 'handler' to service it.  With unRAID, this could be something like the sound chip or a USB chip.  (This is often a problem that a BIOS upgrade may address.)  

Edited by Frank1940