Lost all data after reboot! HELP

I woke up this morning and noticed that some of my folders were missing. I then logged in to the server and seen 1 drive what was spun down. After spinning it up it didn't fix it so I rebooted and now Everything is gone. All dockers and ALL MY FILES! 24 TB now show gone. All drives show empty All my dockers are missing and only apps show available. ! SOMEONE HELP How can I attempt to recover this!!! HELP

Just now, tmoran000 said:

it appears my server was hacked..which makes me worried that unpaid is not secured

They look like attempted logins.   But nowhere does unRaid ever say that it is secure enough to be internet facing.  Close the ports you're forwarding for ssh and use a VPN instead

Yes, you should be concerned.  The could mean that the reinstall of unRAID was unsuccessful, or you have a bad USB stick or the USB stick needs to be taken out and have Error Checking run on it in a Windows machine, could be file system corruption.

Make a backup of your .key file, btw.

Edited by tdallen
  • Upvote 1

Ok Thank you. I don't know what this asshole did other then Wipe all my drives clean. I worry he had placed something on my usb that is going to let him back in. Im building a Pfsense firewall now and I am pre clearing all my drives again. Do you think that is enough. Since he cleared my drives I am at the point of starting over fresh again.

HIs name was Barok and left a text file that said BAROK WAS HERE and another that said FUCK OFF>.. what a asshole. 

Edited by tmoran000

Yes, pre-clearing the drives (including cache) and formatting the USB in another machine should completely clean the machine up.  That said, you need to have a firewall up at all times.  Are you at least behind a consumer level device (router, firewall, switch) while you are building?  If so, make sure you don't have any ports open!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just finishing building a PFSENSE, I don't want this to happen again. since I am coming from a windows server where it ran software level firewall and not unraid does not have this option I did not have a firewall up of any kind other then the NAT on the router which is pretty much useless and I had server DMZ'd because I forgot I didn't have the software firewall any more so I am mostly responsible for this happening. but now. PFSense is up right after the ONT and before the ROUTER and only ports that are needed for server to run on every thing else is closed. Thanks a lot for the responses!