We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Unassigned devices drive not able to be written too

Melocco

I know it seems like I complain or have a lot of issues. But since I updated to 6.4.0 I've been having issues..  With everyone's help here in the forums, I've been working them out one by one (except one).

Now I have another issue..  I have a drive that I can copy from, but I can't write to..  I tried through krusader and through the network...  I've removed the drive, restarted the server and tried multiple times, ran Docker safe new permissions. If I unhook the drive and hook it to another computer I can see and copy files over.. I don't have any write errors.  But on unraid, I can not write anything to it.. Before 6.4.0 I could write to the drive. 

Anyone have any thoughts?

Have you run a file system check on the drive?    It is not at all unusual if a file system corruption is detected for a drive to be remounted as read-only which would result in the symptoms you describe.

Posting the system diagnostics would allow for an informed opinion as to whether this is actually your issue or whether it is something else.

4 hours ago, Melocco said:

I've got a question that may be a simple answer for most..  But once I updated to 6.4.0, I have one drive that some how switched and is a read only drive now. At least I think it did.. Here is the log for the drive.

Jan 28 22:09:09 WHS unassigned.devices: Device '/dev/sde2' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Jan 28 22:09:09 WHS unassigned.devices: Unmounting '/dev/sde2'...
Jan 28 22:09:09 WHS ntfs-3g[24829]: Unmounting /dev/sde2 (Seagate Backup Plus Drive)
Jan 28 22:09:09 WHS unassigned.devices: Successfully unmounted '/dev/sde2'
Jan 28 22:10:09 WHS unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sde1'...
Jan 28 22:10:09 WHS unassigned.devices: No filesystem detected on '/dev/sde1'.
Jan 28 22:10:09 WHS unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sde2'...
Jan 28 22:10:09 WHS unassigned.devices: Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t ntfs -o auto,async,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 '/dev/sde2' '/mnt/disks/Seagate_Backup_Plus_Drive'
Jan 28 22:10:10 WHS ntfs-3g[4732]: Mounted /dev/sde2 (Read-Only, label "Seagate Backup Plus Drive", NTFS 3.1)
Jan 28 22:10:10 WHS ntfs-3g[4732]: Mount options: rw,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,allow_other,nonempty,noatime,ro,default_permissions,fsname=/dev/sde2,blkdev,blksize=4096
Jan 28 22:10:10 WHS unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '/dev/sde2' on '/mnt/disks/Seagate_Backup_Plus_Drive'.
Jan 28 22:10:10 WHS unassigned.devices: Device '/dev/sde2' script file not found. 'ADD' script not executed.
Jan 29 00:25:36 WHS unassigned.devices: Device '/dev/sde2' script file not found. 'REMOVE' script not executed.
Jan 29 00:25:36 WHS unassigned.devices: Unmounting '/dev/sde2'...
Jan 29 00:25:36 WHS ntfs-3g[4732]: Unmounting /dev/sde2 (Seagate Backup Plus Drive)
Jan 29 00:25:36 WHS unassigned.devices: Successfully unmounted '/dev/sde2'
Jan 29 00:27:59 WHS unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sde1'...
Jan 29 00:27:59 WHS unassigned.devices: No filesystem detected on '/dev/sde1'.
Jan 29 00:27:59 WHS unassigned.devices: Adding disk '/dev/sde2'...
Jan 29 00:27:59 WHS unassigned.devices: Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t ntfs -o auto,async,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 '/dev/sde2' '/mnt/disks/TV Show Backups'
Jan 29 00:28:00 WHS ntfs-3g[12118]: Mounted /dev/sde2 (Read-Only, label "Seagate Backup Plus Drive", NTFS 3.1)
Jan 29 00:28:00 WHS ntfs-3g[12118]: Mount options: rw,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,allow_other,nonempty,noatime,ro,default_permissions,fsname=/dev/sde2,blkdev,blksize=4096
Jan 29 00:28:00 WHS unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '/dev/sde2' on '/mnt/disks/TV Show Backups'.
Jan 29 00:28:00 WHS unassigned.devices: Device '/dev/sde2' script file not found. 'ADD' script not executed.

I didn't add any scripts or anything before or after.. But if I'm reading the log right, it's showing

"Jan 28 22:10:10 WHS ntfs-3g[4732]: Mounted /dev/sde2 (Read-Only, label "Seagate Backup Plus Drive", NTFS 3.1)"

I've changed the name thinking that would help. I can't find anything to change it back to read/write..  

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance...

Please don't post the same issue in multiple forums.

Posting the same issue in multiple forums will not get you an answer any faster.  In fact it will probably slow down a meaningful response because of the confusion of multiple posts.

As has been said many times, the best way to get help is to describe your issue and post diagnostics.  Until you post diagnostics, I can't help you.

Ok..  Sorry About that..  I know I have a lot of threads. most of which have been answered, a few have not..  I guess I may have to book a session with support to get help with my error "Tower kernel: i2c i2c-0: Failed! (01)". I didn't mean to post in multiple places. I kinda wish I could go back to 6.3.5 until my bugs get worked out..  But anyway, Thank you..  

47 minutes ago, Melocco said:

I kinda wish I could go back to 6.3.5 until my bugs get worked out..  But anyway, Thank you..  

That is doable from what I've read sorry I can't link you to the direct thread but it was posted a few days ago with a link to all versions do a search it's somewhere on here

Crap..  That was easy..  I just didn't know that the 4 squares pulled that up..  Thanks..  That worked..  It said it was an unclean file system..  But it fixed it..   

Now if I can just find out why I have 10,000 errors named  kernel: i2c i2c-0: Failed! (01)

Much appreciated .

Archived