We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

First time setup

Power_Stone

Hey guys, first time unRaid user here and I'm experiencing some problems, the big one being unraid can't find a bond0 and when I do the ifconfig eth0 command it returns with a response of no connected device, which I assume means the onboard NIC on my motherboard is not usable with unraid?

I guess my question is, is there a way I can load a driver for my nic when starting up unraid, or will I have to buy a seperate NIC?

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot access the webGUI at all because of this, but I can access the root folder if necessary 

Specs are:

32gig corsair dominator platinum (2800Mhz)

i7-6950x

X99a Godlike gaming (NIC is Killer double-shot X3)

Looks like the driver for your NIC is not in the kernel.  Problem is adding drivers to Unraid isn't the easiest thing to do.

Easiest solution is probably to get a PCI-E network card, preferably an Intel one that will work natively in Linux without the need for extra drivers.

1 hour ago, Power_Stone said:

Hey guys, first time unRaid user here and I'm experiencing some problems, the big one being unraid can't find a bond0 and when I do the ifconfig eth0 command it returns with a response of no connected device, which I assume means the onboard NIC on my motherboard is not usable with unraid?

I guess my question is, is there a way I can load a driver for my nic when starting up unraid, or will I have to buy a seperate NIC?

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot access the webGUI at all because of this, but I can access the root folder if necessary 

Specs are:

32gig corsair dominator platinum (2800Mhz)

i7-6950x

X99a Godlike gaming (NIC is Killer double-shot X3)

Looking here:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130878

Says your NIC is:

2 x Killer E2400 Gigabit LAN controller

Looking here:

https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/kb/cat/6-linux

I can confirm that the driver should work in unRAID-6.4 for you.  (At least the driver patches they talk about above are in the kernel source).

Using attached keyboard/monitor, login and type this command:

diagnostics

It will create a diagnostics zip file on your USB flash device in a 'logs' directory.  You can then yank the flash and plug it into PC to get the diags.  If you can post, maybe we can figure out why no connection.

Also says your m/b has wireless LAN but unRAID does not include any wireless drivers at this time.

8 minutes ago, Power_Stone said:

Okay, I ran the diagnostics command and it created the .zip file; however, it did not write the .zip file to my USB from what I can see

If you plug flash into PC it will be in a folder called 'logs' in the root of the flash device.

Inside unRAID the flash is mounted at /boot so it appears as /boot/logs/<servername>-diagnostics-<date>-<time>.zip

5 minutes ago, limetech said:

If you plug flash into PC it will be in a folder called 'logs' in the root of the flash device.

Inside unRAID the flash is mounted at /boot so it appears as /boot/logs/<servername>-diagnostics-<date>-<time>.zip

I do not see the logs file creates on the root of my Flash drive, sorry for not being clearer

Originally I was using a 64gig Flash drive because that was all I could find at the time, and in creating the unraid device the prompt said either NTFS or FAT32, being as it was a 64gig drive I figured I couldn't use exFATso instead opted for NTFS, obviously that was the problem and I have since moved forward with what I was going to do with unraid

14 minutes ago, Power_Stone said:

Originally I was using a 64gig Flash drive because that was all I could find at the time, and in creating the unraid device the prompt said either NTFS or FAT32, being as it was a 64gig drive I figured I couldn't use exFATso instead opted for NTFS, obviously that was the problem and I have since moved forward with what I was going to do with unraid

For the record, if you had used the USB Creator tool this wouldn't have been a problem.

9 minutes ago, limetech said:

For the record, if you had used the USB Creator tool this wouldn't have been a problem.

For the record, networks don't always cooperate. I could download the .zip from your website but using the USB creator tool would always hang around 83% then fail. Even if it created more hassle this way for me, at least I could get started this way.

2 hours ago, Power_Stone said:

For the record, networks don't always cooperate. I could download the .zip from your website but using the USB creator tool would always hang around 83% then fail. Even if it created more hassle this way for me, at least I could get started this way.

For the record, no one else has reported this to us AFAIK, thank you for bringing to our attention.  When it failed, did it produce an error message?

1 hour ago, limetech said:

For the record, no one else has reported this to us AFAIK, thank you for bringing to our attention.  When it failed, did it produce an error message?

It did not, from what I could tell it wasn't a program issue but a network/router. Multiple computers would lose all download speed as well

Archived