SOLVED can't delete empty share

grither

I have a share called 'apps' that used to contain some plugins, but now its empty.  looking in the share from windows it appears empty.  but from share in GUI it says share contains data

when i use the terminal to look in the directory, it says there is something called 'Media@'

don't know what this is?

any advice?

Edited by grither

yep worked thanks

edit.  so that worked on one share, now i'm trying to get rid of a share called plexapp (used to have plex installed there a long time ago)

MC is reporting that it cannot delete.  ran new permissions against that share but no change

Capture.PNG

Edited by grither
3 hours ago, grither said:

yep worked thanks

edit.  so that worked on one share, now i'm trying to get rid of a share called plexapp (used to have plex installed there a long time ago)

MC is reporting that it cannot delete.  ran new permissions against that share but no change

Capture.PNG

try the following: rename the directory and delete or move it to /tmp and it will go away when the server reboots. I'm sure there is a "correct" way, but this usually works for me.

so weird.  rebooted with autostart off for dockers (confirmed off).  no VM's.  only plugins installed are   community applications, fix common problems, and controlIR

getting same error message whether i try to delete or move.  I did notice this odd bundle file within the deep level of folders... not sure if its the problem or not

any other ways to see if something is using this set of folders?

Capture.PNG.2d0b2681ead9f6d4f5bd0df97a9b4846.PNG

thanks, running mover now.  since i'm not technically replacing it, once everything is moved off, I will stop array, deselect the cache drive, start array, and the option to format the new drive will appear?  or do i then select the drive as the cache?  guess i'm wondering if it will prompt me to format or not.   also what filesystem should i select?

mover is taking quite a while, I think I have 50gb in my plex library, so its just a ton of small files.... will prob take most of the day

dumb question?  once data is moved to array, and I reformat the cache drive, can I reinstall and start the dockers before I copy all the data back from the array to the cache drive?  in other words can I use the dockers while mover is bringing data back from the array to the cache

might have a family revolt if plex is down for two days!

2 minutes ago, grither said:

once data is moved to array, and I reformat the cache drive, can I reinstall and start the dockers before I copy all the data back from the array to the cache drive?  in other words can I use the dockers while mover is bringing data back from the array to the cache

No, docker needs to be disable until all files are on cache again, if you have many small files it would be much faster moving them manually, e.g., with midnight commander (mc on the console), move from /mnt/cache to /mnt/disk#

ok, everything was copied to array.  reformatted to xfs.  set appdata and plexapp shares to use cache disk- prefer.   invoked mover.  will have to wait quite a while for it to finish, then i'll enable dockers, then check to see that i can delete the garbage files in the plexapp share.

will report back