Plugins/ Docker problems with update to 6.4.0 (solved)

Heciruam

Hello Unraid community,

I have a little trouble since I updated to 6.4.0 from 6.3.5 I believe. In the beginning everything was working fine, but after a while my dockers seem to have issues.

First I wss unable to update some of the dockers. I see the update now button but when I do the update it tells me 0B pulled and so on. I will put some examples below.

for some of them it says "not available" instead of "up-to-date" or "update ready".

I read up a little on the forums. I deleted the old ghost-images of dockers I don't use anymore, but it didn't help. I also read that deinstalling "advanced button" can fix things.

Problem is if I go to the "installed plugins" tab, it keeps loading but never lists the installed plugins. So I am not sure how should check if I have it installed or even uninstall it.

The "install plugin" and the "plugin file install errors" tab work.

There is an error though: /boot/config/plugins-error/dynamix.system.temp.plg

Here are some example of errors when I try to update Dockers:

DuckDNS:

Pulling image: linuxserver/duckdns:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Stopping container: duckdns

Successfully stopped container 'duckdns'

Removing container: duckdns

Successfully removed container 'duckdns'

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="duckdns" --net="host" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "SUBDOMAINS"="medienkerker" -e "TOKEN"="8afd494c-89e9-4c0e-a1c4-fbe75ad929ab" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" linuxserver/duckdns

0981a3b01684e7214a45c41dc5d51fc57430fac36c0ff9b88737092713504ec0

The command finished successfully!

mariadb-for-nextcloud:

Pulling image: linuxserver/mariadb:latest

Stopping container: mariadb-for-nxtcloud

Successfully stopped container 'mariadb-for-nxtcloud'

Removing container: mariadb-for-nxtcloud

Successfully removed container 'mariadb-for-nxtcloud'

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="mariadb-for-nxtcloud" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD"="VKXj4LNUu" -p 3305:3306/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/mariadb-f-nxtcloud":"/config":rw linuxserver/mariadb

d17e47c944f3e2f839822865ea9acb2bad673fdcc79818c173b40f61d748ead9

headphones:

Pulling image: linuxserver/headphones:latest

Removing container: headphones

Successfully removed container 'headphones'

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name="headphones" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 8383:8181/tcp -v "/mnt/disks/SAMSUNG_HD103SI_S1VSJD1B502388/DownloadCache/Headphones/Download/":"/downloads":rw -v "/mnt/disks/SAMSUNG_HD103SI_S1VSJD1B502388/DownloadCache/Headphones/Music/":"/music":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/headphones":"/config":rw linuxserver/headphones

a58ee41ac3887613dd66593731aa2b9c6f63a4dfa00708cc84c7ad68c21fed4a

What should I do from here?

Thank you.

Tower-diagnostics-20180218-1534.zip

5a898fc82f31e_Screenshot(27).thumb.png.c1c1d55e5dab4e74082d256d167ac4e9.png

5a8990266b52f_Screenshot(28).thumb.png.c5533fa2d72e39562414f9a58a782824.png

First things first, you've got at least two drives that have very poor connections One looks like your unassigned Samsung, and the other I cannot discern easily.  Both are basically doing nothing but connect / disconnect continually.  Reseat all cabling to all drives.

After that, reboot and try and replicate the problems again and then repost your diagnostics.  The syslogs should be much easier to read then.

Plugin page problem.  Best guess is that your server has a bitch of a time communicating with GitHub.com  What happens if you go to settings - Notification settings, and disable the OS Update check and plugin update check, and then go to the plugins page?

Docker Apps: Only suggestion to to delete the docker image (Settings - docker - advanced view, disable service, delete the image, re-enable service), and then re-add your apps via Apps tab, previous apps (check off all your apps, then Install Multi)

On 2/19/2018 at 2:38 PM, Squid said:

Plugin page problem.  Best guess is that your server has a bitch of a time communicating with GitHub.com  What happens if you go to settings - Notification settings, and disable the OS Update check and plugin update check, and then go to the plugins page?

Docker Apps: Only suggestion to to delete the docker image (Settings - docker - advanced view, disable service, delete the image, re-enable service), and then re-add your apps via Apps tab, previous apps (check off all your apps, then Install Multi)

The setting was disabled. So I enabled and disabled it. Now the plugins page loads but it takes 4-5 minutes.

I haven't tried the Docker-thing yet.

I also noticed that the "fix common problems" plugin doesn't like that my unassigned drive isn't mounted with a slave option. I need to check what that is.

Thanks but this buts me into a constant loop into the same thread.

The only thing I found was this:

" If you are running unRaid 6.2beta 20+, then you need to adjust your volume mappings mode (usually either RW or Read Only) to be RW:Slave or Read Only:Slave) "

Which didn't clear anything up for me. Since I can already read and write to the device, I'm not sure what I should change.

Also:

If I do this. Will  I loose the configurations for those dockers?

Edited by Heciruam
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22.2.2018 at 3:56 PM, trurl said:

Click the Edit button next to the path and change the access mode to RW:Slave

The whole point of the Previous Apps feature is that it uses your previous configuration

I have no idea where "path" is.

I also deleted the Docker image. But I can't seem to be able to re-add the old ones over the "select template" box.

So I created a backup of the docker.img file before I deleted it. Can I just overwrite the new image with it to get it working again?

Pulling image: linuxserver/plexpy:latest

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="plexpy" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 8181:8181/tcp -v "/mnt/user/apps/plexpy/":"/logs":ro -v "/mnt/user/appdata/plexpy":"/config":rw linuxserver/plexpy

Unable to find image 'linuxserver/plexpy:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/linuxserver/plexpy/manifests/latest: Get https://auth.docker.io/token?scope=repository%3Alinuxserver%2Fplexpy%3Apull&service=registry.docker.io: dial tcp: lookup auth.docker.io on 192.168.0.1:53: read udp 192.168.0.77:52375->192.168.0.1:53: i/o timeout.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.
Pulling image: binhex/arch-emby:latest

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-emby" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "UMASK"="000" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 8096:8096/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Media/":"/media":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-emby":"/config":rw binhex/arch-emby

Unable to find image 'binhex/arch-emby:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/binhex/arch-emby/manifests/latest: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 192.168.0.1:53: read udp 192.168.0.77:46766->192.168.0.1:53: i/o timeout.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Ok I tried it over the previous app tab, by reinstalling all at once but it seem to have installed only one of them correctly and two that are now marked as "not available"

Starting apache
apache failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: apache
Error: failed to start containers: apache

Starting binhex-delugevpn
binhex-delugevpn failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: binhex-delugevpn
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-delugevpn

Starting binhex-emby
binhex-emby failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: binhex-emby
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-emby

Starting duckdns
duckdns failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: duckdns
Error: failed to start containers: duckdns

Starting binhex-sonarr
binhex-sonarr failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: binhex-sonarr
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-sonarr

Starting binhex-rtorrentvpn
binhex-rtorrentvpn failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: binhex-rtorrentvpn
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-rtorrentvpn

Starting HandBrake
HandBrake failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: HandBrake
Error: failed to start containers: HandBrake

Starting headphones
headphones failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: headphones
Error: failed to start containers: headphones

Starting JDownloader2
JDownloader2 failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: JDownloader2
Error: failed to start containers: JDownloader2

Starting mariadb-for-nxtcloud
mariadb-for-nxtcloud failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: mariadb-for-nxtcloud
Error: failed to start containers: mariadb-for-nxtcloud

Starting letsencrypt
letsencrypt failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint letsencrypt (2567cfff213960775bd9b472b5ee6da2667bbd61c74e9d3483f60ead090a1f19): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:445: bind: address already in use
Error: failed to start containers: letsencrypt

Starting Krusader
Krusader failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: Krusader
Error: failed to start containers: Krusader

Starting nextcloud
nextcloud failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: nextcloud
Error: failed to start containers: nextcloud

Starting NodeRed
NodeRed failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: NodeRed
Error: failed to start containers: NodeRed

Starting openhab-online
Starting plexpy
plexpy failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: plexpy
Error: failed to start containers: plexpy

Starting PlexMediaServer
PlexMediaServer failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: PlexMediaServer
Error: failed to start containers: PlexMediaServer

Starting openvpn-as
openvpn-as failed to start. You should install it alone (by clicking on the application) to fix the errors
Error response from daemon: No such container: openvpn-as
Error: failed to start containers: openvpn-as

Starting syncthing

Setting installed applications to autostart

Docker Application Installation finished.

If I try to reinstall dockers one by one I also get errors:

Pulling image: limetech/plex:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from limetech/plex.
IMAGE ID [22ecafbbcc4a]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [580435e0a086]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [8321ffd10031]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [08b8f28a13c2]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [2b401702069a]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [eae027dcdc0e]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [93bc98227159]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [5758394b6e75]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [92afdc2b9080]: Pulling fs layer.
IMAGE ID [53afc03192a0]: Pulling fs layer.

Error: error pulling image configuration: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/limetech/plex/blobs/sha256:cb2aca627fa2fd7dd183367fda2f51a47c01083d059044acd9f133effb6f4cf1: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on 192.168.0.1:53: read udp 192.168.0.77:56380->192.168.0.1:53: i/o timeout

1 hour ago, Heciruam said:

192.168.0.1:53: read udp 192.168.0.77:56380->192.168.0.1:53

Are you using a proxy or routing all your traffic through something like a VPN or delugeVPN?

4 minutes ago, Heciruam said:

I thought I wouldn't need it since I only connect to unraid locally, nut I will try if that help

You don't need SSL

Another possibility is have you enabled jumbo frames or something.

Yes I had DelugeVPN as well as rTorrentVPN (with privoxy enabled) installed.

But I did not route any traffic outside the dockers through Privoxy (except some clients on my network). Where would I find if unraid  traffic is routed through any privoxy?

This is the first time I hear about jumbo frames. So I'll read up on it if I did something there.

Edit:

I think I just remembered that I forgot to uninstall the preclear plugin before updating to 6.4.0. Might that be the cause of all of this?

Edited by Heciruam
20 minutes ago, trurl said:

Go ahead and uninstall it then reboot. Might not help but still a good thing to do.

Sadly it didn't help.

So if I would overwrite  /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img with the one I have backed up (stopping docker service first of course), will I get the old dockers back that were functioning but not updateable?

Edited by Heciruam
7 minutes ago, Heciruam said:

Sadly it didn't help.

So if I would overwrite  /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img with the one I have backed up (stopping docker service first of course), will I get the old dockers back that were functioning but not updateable?

I wouldn't count on it and of course that wouldn't really be fixing the problem.

Thats true. But I could use the dockers in the mean time if they work.

Or if I have to do a fresh install of unraid, schedule it when I don't need the dockers and have the time to configure all of them again.

Edit:

OK I just overwrote the new image with the old one and the dockers are running at least.

Edited by Heciruam
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 2:33 PM, trurl said:

By "path" I mean the folder you want to change. Is the word "path" unfamiliar to you? You click the Edit button next to it.

Where would this be. Under the "main" tab under unassigned device. Or Do I need to this for each dockers template where I assigned the "path"? Do I need to activate "destructive mode" to get the setting?

Yep I found it. Thanks.

To the bigger issue:

It looks looks like all traffic is routed through my delugeVPN docker and I can figure out why. I can't find anything on the network settings that would indicate that.

• Might downgrading back to 6.3.5 solve it. Will the Dockers not like this at all since some of them got updated after the unraid update?
  • If I reinstall, can I save my data on the array with the shares? (I could not find anything on the wiki about that.)

cheers

13 minutes ago, Heciruam said:

Might downgrading back to 6.3.5 solve it. Will the Dockers not like this at all since some of them got updated after the unraid update?

It's very unlikely the dockers will be affected by downgrade, but also unlikely downgrade would solve anything.

14 minutes ago, Heciruam said:

If I reinstall, can I save my data on the array with the shares? (I could not find anything on the wiki about that.)

Saving data in the array is a pretty normal thing to do in general, so I don't understand your question.

• Heciruam changed the title to Plugins/ Docker problems with update to 6.4.0 (solved)