Dockers cant be stopped or updated when mover is running

Can0n

Been having lots of issues on 6.4.1 when mover is running (also an issue as its running when its not scheduled to) when ever i try to update a docker during large files being moved (4K content) it becomes unresponsive and almost always an orphaned imaged.

so far has happened on Radarr, Sonarr and now SabNZbd

its frustrating having to set almost all of it back up as the backup files dont store the configuration...im current stuck on stopping Sab 

any way CLI or otherwise to try and stop this docker image cleanly without rebooting to stop mover?

the one constant i see in the docker logs when trying to stop it is this

[s6-finish] syncing disks.

Edited by Can0nfan
3 hours ago, Squid said:

It would appear that when stopping a container, the docker system syncs the disks (Ensure that everything currently cached in ram is flushed to the disks).   If there is major disk I/O going on (mover), then the sync process is basically going to hang until the disk I/O is finished.  

sadly its more than just hanging its corrupting the docker

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 12.15.49 PM.png

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Do updates on containers work when mover is NOT running?

docker stop nameOfContainer

mover stop

thank i have tried the mover stop and not sure of it finishs the existing transfer before actually moving of what but the gui for at least the 5-10min after i issued that the gui still says mover is running now that mover itself is finally finished i am still baffled why when it was set to weekly starting on Monday's and Noon it started running on it own.

right now I am in process of trying to recover the orphaned docker

2 minutes ago, Can0nfan said:

still baffled why when it was set to weekly starting on Monday's and Noon it started running on it own.

Running a script via user scripts to start mover under certain circumstances?

And, does an update / force update of a container when mover isn't running also orphan the container?

Just now, Squid said:

And, does an update / force update of a container when mover isn't running also orphan the container?

I only just started noticing this in the last week. pretty sure the only other script running on mover is a monthly Trim schedule on the 4th day of the month.

i was moving rought 800GB of files from my smaller unraid server array to the cache on this larger one last week and was about to again as i added another 16TB of space. mover started on its own with 125GB free on the 1TB SSD cache pool

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

just checked all user scripts are disabled.

so its still a little baffling

• 2 years later...

I am running into this exact same issue where the mover is halting my dockers until it completes.  Seems this topic died out 2 years ago with no suggested resolution.  Any know how to get mover to go slower (less disk io) to allow the dockers to keep running?  I cannot even pull up the docker screen when mover runs.