Cache reported full incorrectly: shfs: share cache full

Wisnaeme

Hi,

I've just installed a cache SSD as I had one around. I've set it up with various settinns and I cannot get Unraid to use it. Unraid is reporting "Cache full" constantly.

It's a 120GB SSD. The minimum space is set to 20GB. Global CACHE is enabled. Share cache is "Prefer"

The log file shows as below...

Any suggestions as everything I've read says this should work in this config?

Ta
Robert
image.thumb.png.e124d6e38c9d8c820da04f628d32e414.png
image.png.b56c3d0e2305554a9231341523f62ba7.png

8 hours ago, itimpi said:

Are you saying you have a User share called ‘cache’?    If so that is going to cause problems!   You should not be allowed to create a User share called ‘cache’ as that is a reserved name for the physical device.

No, not at all.

8 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

"Share cache full" means the share to where you are transferring his hitting the minimum free space setting, for that share, not cache, so the transfer would bypass your cache device and go directly to the array.

Weirdly worded message from Unraid.  I'd read that as the entire opposite.

The Cache refused to do anything for several hours last night (before and after I posted and went to sleep) but this morning I see some closed VM's and stuff have made themselves at home there.
image.png.b008c2b5bd5fe83d2a2b8db234f15bf3.png

There were some backups scheduled to land on the server last night and they appear to have bypassed the cache and gone to the array.

8 hours ago, trurl said:

Tools - Diagnostics, post complete zip

Below..

adam-diagnostics-20180311-0715.zip

3 hours ago, Wisnaeme said:

There were some backups scheduled to land on the server last night and they appear to have bypassed the cache and gone to the array.

You have a share called B------s, which could be Backups, with a cache floor setting of 200GB, so any files copied to that share will bypass cache and "share cache full" will be logged.

BTW, if that share is meant to be on the array use cache disk setting is wrong, change to "Yes" instead of "prefer".

4 hours ago, Wisnaeme said:

The Cache refused to do anything for several hours last night (before and after I posted and went to sleep) but this morning I see some closed VM's and stuff have made themselves at home there.

This is exactly what would be expected for these "cache-prefer" shares, and this is the correct setup for these, but...

1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

You have a share called B------s, which could be Backups, with a cache floor setting of 200GB, so any files copied to that share will bypass cache and "share cache full" will be logged.

BTW, if that share is meant to be on the array use cache disk setting is wrong, change to "Yes" instead of "prefer".

... usually not the correct setting for others.

The cache settings are explained in the help text in the webUI, but here is a more complete explanation:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?page=2#comment-537383

Archived