DiskSpeed, hdd/ssd benchmarking (unRAID 6+), version 2.10.9

50 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. A picture is always better:
image.png.15d6c4f15e2a9571a86538b01a3819fa.png

I can see its ordered by Parity, then data, then pools. But the data disks are sorted as strings instead of by disk number.

I think it should be Data 1, Data 2, Data 3, etc. instead of Data 1, Data 10, Data 11, etc.

Ah, I see what you mean now. I don't have a system with more than 9 drives so I've never ran into this situation. I can probably resolve this by zero padding the drive number ("Disk 01" instead of "Disk 1") and then replacing " 0" with a space after the sort.

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, jbartlett said:

I added partial support for CD-ROM's in displaying them on the controller page but it required a lot of checks to be added throughout the app. This particular issue doesn't happen for me on my dev & prod system so not sure why it's happening for you but I added the CD-ROM check there. Please update and try again. It will reflect version 2.10.9.7

Updated. Error is gone. Thanks :)

• Thanks 1

I've used DiskSpeed successfully in the past with a mix of mechanical and NVME drives (Thanks!), but recently got an SSD and wanted to see how it compares.  Now when I launch DiskSpeed it gets stuck in a disk scanning loop.  It scans normally and says it saved the configuration, but when I hit "continue" it throws an error "The saved configuration file was invalid" and scans again... ad nauseum.

I tried deleting the docker, removing the orphan docker image, re-installing the docker... same issue.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

8 hours ago, Glide said:

I've used DiskSpeed successfully in the past with a mix of mechanical and NVME drives (Thanks!), but recently got an SSD and wanted to see how it compares.  Now when I launch DiskSpeed it gets stuck in a disk scanning loop.  It scans normally and says it saved the configuration, but when I hit "continue" it throws an error "The saved configuration file was invalid" and scans again... ad nauseum.

I tried deleting the docker, removing the orphan docker image, re-installing the docker... same issue.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

I had that happen on the version I'm working on trying to add ZFS benchmarking but not on the version you are using. I backported that fix, please update your Docker and try again. The version should reflect version 2.10.9.8.

20 hours ago, Glide said:

No ZFS here, but I am on 2.10.9.7, I'll try again when I see .8

Thanks!

That was weird. I pushed .8 but even after force updating the docker, it still reflected .7. Rebuilding didn't fix, I had to edit one of the files and add a line feed for it to push .8 out. Please try now.

• jbartlett changed the title to DiskSpeed, hdd/ssd benchmarking (unRAID 6+), version 2.10.9