LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

Anything easier than manually setting up reverse proxy confs for 30+ docker apps?

plantsandbinary

Hey folks.

I'm trying to setup access to a lot of my docker apps from outside my home network. It'd be nice to have a landing page like Heimdall with links to the webUI's of all of my docker apps that I am using.

The thing is, setting up a reverse proxy config for each and every one of them is really troubelsome. Especially when some docker apps use VNC and require a lot of extra messing around with websockets and redirects etc. I'm starting to think that this may not be the most appropriate way to do this.

I feel like it should be so much easier than this and that there has to be a better way.

How do you all access your docker app's WebGUI from outside your home network? What methods do you find the easiest.

After re-reading your post, and realizing the question was

On 7/25/2018 at 8:09 AM, plantsandbinary said:

How do you all access your docker app's WebGUI from outside your home network? What methods do you find the easiest.

I am going to back track and agree that a VPN is the easiest/best way to access most docker apps outside your home network. I use this method myself for most things. That said, if you are determined to use a reverse proxy, which I also use for a few specific applications, then Traefik is a much easier solution for docker containers than say nginx.  

Archived