Shares disappeared, can still see files on individual disks

mike p

Hello.

For starters, I'm sure this is entirely self induced and I did something stupid.  I'm not as savvy as most of you guys. I'll try to recount my steps so you guys can help/criticize my errors.

I had an Unraid Server running very smoothly for a long time, 2 or 3 years now.  Until last week, the only thing I did with the system was use it as a file server.

Last week, I decided to finally try out the Dockers (first time) and installed the binhex plexpass docker.  I followed a web tutorial/video that I watched, which included adding in Community Applications, and installing a few things from the Apps/Community Application section.

When I ran Plex for the first time, it seemed to work.  However, the next morning, I could no longer get into the WebUI for Plex.  I decided to remove Docker and start over again, thinking maybe I configured something wrong.  After I removed the docker, I wanted to remove the config files which I had placed (I think) mnt/user/DockerAppdata.  I used an SMB shared, and from Windows I deleted the Plex appdata directory.

Somewhere in here, I messed up.

When I went to try to reinstall Plex, the configuration host path for media, I couldn't find my MEDIA directory.  I can no longer even see an SMB share.  When I look on the unRAID webui, under SHARES/USER SHARES, it is now empty.  Under DISK SHARES (disk1 through disk8 are present and cache).  When I click view on an individual disk, I can still see the files.  Under SMB, I can still see the individual disks and individual files.

Before I went any further and messed something up, I thought I would ask for some help, I don't want to do something that cannot be undone.

orcrist-diagnostics-20180814-2013.zip

It was a few years ago, 2015 maybe.

System Overview
Title Information
System Overview  
unRAID system: unRAID server Pro, version 6.5.3
Model: AVS-10/4-X-7
Motherboard: Supermicro - X10SL7-F
Processor: Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Enabled
Cache: CPU Internal L1 = 256 kB (max. capacity 256 kB)
  CPU Internal L2 = 1024 kB (max. capacity 1024 kB)
  CPU Internal L3 = 8192 kB (max. capacity 8192 kB)
Memory: 32 GB (max. installable capacity 32 GB)
  DIMMA1 = 8192 MB, 1600 MT/s
  DIMMA2 = 8192 MB, 1600 MT/s
  DIMMB1 = 8192 MB, 1600 MT/s
  DIMMB2 = 8192 MB, 1600 MT/s
Network: eth0: 1000Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500
  eth1: not connected

Not sure, the only error I see on the log is Plex segfaulting, wouldn't think that would take out your shares, but if it happens again look for it.:

Aug 14 15:48:21 Orcrist kernel: Plex Tuner Serv[16814]: segfault at 58 ip 0000148716cbf770 sp 0000148712034f18 error 4 in libpthread-2.27.so[148716cb6000+19000]

Archived