6.3.5 > 6.5.3 can't access/ping - need fixed in 24hrs

TyantA

Hey everyone, 

I'm visiting my parents' place where I had set up an unraid box last year. It had been 100% stable until I decided to upgrade this visit. I was hoping it would be quick and easy... 

While they do have a monitor here, I don't have a VGA cable to hook it up. Short of buying one, that isn't a possibility although I'll do it if I have to. 

There was only one docker installed - Plex - and it was updated prior to the update. I made a copy of the flash stick prior to the upgrade, so I suppose copying that back over is an option too. I'd still like to get the update done without this taking up my weekend we're supposed to be visiting. 

I  can's access the shares, I can't access the web UI and turns out, I can't ping the server by name or IP (unless the IP changed during the upgrade?) 

Any thoughts on what I might try? 

TIA

Looks like the only thing I missed was deleting. dynamix.plg

Since I have a copy of the slash drive pre upgrade, my best bet is to revert. What's the quickest way to do so? Then I can run the checker and see what it come back with in terms of new version compatibility.

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Did you take care of everything in the update notes linked in the first post of the release announcement?

I don't think that would matter here - this seems to be a kernel printout during the early boot. So before unRAID starts to worry about plugins etc.

7 hours ago, remotevisitor said:

I guess I would try as the message on the screen suggests and add the ‘noapic’ to the kernel boot and see if that makes any difference.

i haven’t done this myself before but I think you need to add it to the ‘append’ line for the relevant entry in the syslinux/syslinux.cfg file on the flash drive.

I had no idea what it was referring to haha. 

I'll do a quick search and see what exactly is have to add to the file and give it a shot.

Alright, so I added 

append initrd=/bzroot noapic

And tried booting. That managed to get me to the GUI! Excellent. I much prefer resolving the issue than reverting without resolution. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

I still have a few hours here. Anything else I should keep an eye out for given this is older hardware running the latest version? 

Archived