Aquantia AQtion 10G Pro NIC

6 hours ago, bonienl said:

Card should be recognized automatically. See Tools -> System Devices.

Did you configure the new interface under network settings?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm currently at work atm, I'll check it when I get back to the home lab and let you know my findings.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, bonienl said:

Card should be recognized automatically. See Tools -> System Devices.

Did you configure the new interface under network settings?

I went to Tools -> System Devices

I see the card, how to configure it?

Here is what it shows.

[1d6a:d107]    05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Aquantia Corp. AQC107 NBase-T/IEEE 802.3bz Ethernet Controller [AQtion] (rev 02)
[197b:2363]    08:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB363 SATA/IDE Controller (rev 02)
[197b:2363]    08:00.1 IDE interface: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB363 SATA/IDE Controller (rev 02)
[197b:2363]    09:00.0 SATA controller: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB363 SATA/IDE Controller (rev 03)
[197b:2363]    09:00.1 IDE interface: JMicron Technology Corp. JMB363 SATA/IDE Controller (rev 03)
[10ec:8168]    0a:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 03)
[10ec:8168]    0b:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 03)

Thanks!

17 hours ago, bonienl said:

Under Network Settings is the page "Interface Rules" which allows (re-)assignment of the interface. E.g. mine is set as eth2.

image.thumb.png.f9bed04ac6d0dd0173f704514b506e2f.png

Thanks for the quick reply,

I don't have it listed in the Interface Rules

Here is mine, maybe I need to install it?

image.thumb.png.c95bf6dabf7e12210b2326f8fa0385d2.png

I  do have the same model as you have (see your earlier identification string), but apparently different firmware is installed on my card.

You have the following error

Aug 29 20:35:45 Tower kernel: atlantic: Bad FW version detected: expected=1050006, actual=3000021
Aug 29 20:35:45 Tower kernel: atlantic: probe of 0000:05:00.0 failed with error -95

I don't know if it is possible to change firmware. Perhaps check with Asus.

Can you also update your unRAID version to 6.5.3 (don't know if it makes a difference, but recommended anyway)

Edited by bonienl
39 minutes ago, bonienl said:

I  do have the same model as you have (see your earlier identification string), but apparently different firmware is installed on my card.

Aug 29 20:35:45 Tower kernel: atlantic: Bad FW version detected: expected=1050006, actual=3000021
Aug 29 20:35:45 Tower kernel: atlantic: probe of 0000:05:00.0 failed with error -95

Can you also update your unRAID version to 6.5.3 (don't know if it makes a difference, but recommended anyway)

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll try to contact them and see if I can get the FW changed.

Thanks a bunch!!!! 

On 8/29/2018 at 11:02 PM, bonienl said:

I contacted both companies, they stated that the firmware on the ASUS XG-C100C 10GBe NIC is very old and current drivers on their web-site don't support it.

The ASUS XG-C100C has 1.x firmware

The AQUANTIA AQTION 1-G PRO NIC has 3.x firmware

I was told that the 1.x firmware is no longer supported and products with 1.x firmware is EOL.

If I want the AQUANTIA AQTION 10G PRO NIC cards that I bought on Amazon to work with unRAID, the developer will need to update their inbox driver to use the current firmware or build it. I asked Aquantia if they had linux drivers, they said "yes for CENTOS and UBUNTU".

Anyone know how to build linux drivers?

How do we get unRAID to support these new cards?

Thanks!

On 9/1/2018 at 11:25 PM, bonienl said:

Good to hear, you got it working.

These Asus cards work well and I reach near 10Gbps speeds between my two servers.

Thanks!

I tell you, 10GbE is the future. I can't go back to 1GbE anymore. 

Saves so much time in backing up, transferring files, not to mention working and saving on the network no longer lags. I can work on a video that is on the server like it was on my SSD locally.

So fast. 😄

Thanks all!

• 2 years later...

Digging up an old thread....

I'm also on the lookout for a decent 10gbit NIC for my unRAID box.  That Asus one is relatively cheap and easily accessible. 

The Aquantia version, as far as I can see, is no longer available.

There's also the Qnap version, which uses the same Aquantia chip.

It's now 3 years since the last post in this thread about the Asus.  Can I assume the firmware of the cards it comes with by default is now up to date so it work right out of the box with unRaid?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so now I'be bought the Asus XG-C100C card, but I've stumbled onto a problem.  When I look under "network settings", I now see two network interfaces : eth0 (onboard Intel) and eth1 (atlantic).  Eth1 unfortunately states under "interface description" : "shutdown (inactive)"

Indeed, when I plug the ethernet cable into the NIC, the lights don't even start to flicker. 

I tried enabling the atlantic card, but after clicking "done", unRaid didn't respond anymore.  The Tower doesn't respond to pings anymore.

Edit : after booting into the safe mode GUI and changing the static IP of the atlantic card back into "automatic", I could get a ping from the onboard intel ethernet card again.  Phew. 

Still, the Atlantic card does not show an IP address.  So for some reason it still doesn't work.  Have I missed something?  I do have to confess the motherboard of this PC is pretty old.  That might have something to do with it?

Edited by BartDG
edited the post because I now have access to my server again
  • 4 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 8:38 PM, BartDG said:

OK, so now I'be bought the Asus XG-C100C card, but I've stumbled onto a problem.  When I look under "network settings", I now see two network interfaces : eth0 (onboard Intel) and eth1 (atlantic).  Eth1 unfortunately states under "interface description" : "shutdown (inactive)"

Indeed, when I plug the ethernet cable into the NIC, the lights don't even start to flicker. 

I tried enabling the atlantic card, but after clicking "done", unRaid didn't respond anymore.  The Tower doesn't respond to pings anymore.

Edit : after booting into the safe mode GUI and changing the static IP of the atlantic card back into "automatic", I could get a ping from the onboard intel ethernet card again.  Phew. 

Still, the Atlantic card does not show an IP address.  So for some reason it still doesn't work.  Have I missed something?  I do have to confess the motherboard of this PC is pretty old.  That might have something to do with it?

I know it has been some months since you made your post and i wanted to ask you, if you could get it to work?