Core i3 530 - $104.99

Rajahal

Intel Core i3-530 Clarkdale 2.93GHz 4MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I3530

$104.99 after promo code EMCYXYN22 (expires 09/08/2010)

Pretty much the CPU of choice for unRAID right now.  Powerful, yet not power-hungry.  Idles around the same as an Atom.

Here's a nice motherboard to pair with it (currently 10% off):

ASUS P7H55-M PRO LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

WOW

This is the same setup I'm using.  Works awesome.

Currently I have (4) WD 2TB drives so I'm not using the MB to capacity yet.  But I believe this MB only has 1 PCIe expansion slot and (2)PCI Slots.  This concerns me if I can only add 1 additional controiller card with 4 ports before using the PCI slots.  Correct me if I'm wrong but if I max out to 10 drives and need additional drives I will be forced to use the PCI slots and this can slow my transfer rate down.

Any Thoughts?

Thats not that great of a deal.  I bought this: Intel® Core™ i3 530 & Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H Motherboard $104 + SH or $88 AR B&M @ Frys a while back.  They also had 4GB DDR3 for $88 the same week.

It makes a great HTPC and it would be great for unRAID since it has one x16 and one x4 slot.

If they do this again, I will buy two more.