Non APC Brand UPS support

chr1z

I realize unraid uses apcupsd for it's ups daemon, but is there any other way to setup none APC brands? 

I got a Powervarr from work and since I'm cheap I'd like to use it if possible. I just need to setdown gracefully if there's a power outage longer than say 1 minute, nothing fancy.

This Powervarr has serial and USB.

As I understand it, apcupsd was never connected with APC (the company that actually make UPS's).  It was developed by and is supported by a group of Linux developers.  It turns out that it will work with the products from a number  of other UPS manufacturers.  Among these are CyperPower and Tripp Lite.  Not sure about Powervarr.  (While it does not concern you stick with those units intend for home use, not commercial server rooms.)  

As @BRiT suggested you can also use the NUT plugin in place of the apcupsd one that is provided with Unraid if that one does not work.  I did not check to see if support for Powervar was provided with NUT... 

5 hours ago, chr1z said:

I got a Powervarr from work and since I'm cheap I'd like to use it if possible

According the the NUT Compatibility website, NUT does not support Powervar.  It is not listed as a supported vendor at any of the 5 support levels.  There are quite a few vendors listed at some level of support (many I have never heard of), but, no Powervar. Perhaps they have a completely proprietary control protocol?

Archived