Parity-check started unscheduled

lovaan

So at midnight last night my server started a parity-check, and as far as I know it shouldn't have. I currently have it in the scheduler to run yearly on the 15th of January. Is there any other reason it would start on it's own without manually starting it, or is it more likely I have a glitch in a config file somewhere?

Yeah - uptime is somewhere in the 30 day range. Having selected a yearly parity check Sunday isn't even an option to select. I'm still on 6.6.1, so I'll just wait for that next release before I decide to update. In the mean time I suppose I'll just keep an eye out for spontaneous parity checks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on 6.6.5 and had the parity checks scheduled weekly on Sunday.  It was doing a parity check every morning at 8am (if it wasn't still running from the previous one).  I disabled the schedule and it stopped.  I just re-enabled it weekly on sunday, then changed it to weekly Saturday evening.  Then I noticed that it was running a few minutes later (before the scheduled time).  I don't know if it started before I switched it to Saturday.  I'll keep an eye on it and see if it's still doing it daily with it set for Saturday's.

Archived