[Solved] Marvell9215 4-port SATA PCI-E card not detected (card dished)

cliewmc

Added new IOCrest Marvell9215 4-port SATA PCI-E card but it was not detected after bootup. This is confirmed to be a compatible card with unRAID. I have drives connected to it but yet to be preclear. In Unassigned Devices they were not detected. What should I do next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks trurl, I can’t login into the forum using the PC but can only go via Tapatalk Pro on my iPhone. I use Facebook credentials on Tapatalk but on the unRAID forum, I cannot use both my email ids, and not able to use Facebook credentials. It’s frustrating.

But thanks for putting up my diagnostics file. So relieved.

17 minutes ago, cliewmc said:

Hi johnnie, please advise if you see anything from the diagnostics. Cheers. cL

58 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

The controller isn't being detect by Linux, try a different PCIe slot if available, it could also be a bad controller or some compatibility issue with your board.

6 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

The controller isn't being detect by Linux, try a different PCIe slot if available, it could also be a bad controller or some compatibility issue with your board.

Or try reseating the card.  If that doesn't work, card might be D.O.A.  Also, do you have adequate power?

I have tried reseating the card numerous times. D.O.A is the best answer. I checked for a replacement on eBay and they cost $70+, a lot more expensive than an 8 port one.

Nvm. Let’s close this one. Appreciate johnnie for the advice.

Archived