Flash drive died

z0ki

My new sandisk flash drive is totally dead. So I am wondering what is the best action for me now going forward? I am going to go to the retailer and swap it over for a new one shortly I was still under a trial period, if I make a new unRaid flash drive will I then lose all my data on my drives? 

Did you make a backup of your flash drive?

No unfortunately I did not.

Did you have single or dual parity?

No parity drives yet, I was going to add a parity later. But I do have backups elsewhere anyhow.

Did you have a cache drive?

Yes I have one cache drive

Did you make a printout or screen capture of the drive assignment for the drives in the array?

Yes I do!

See here for directions:

You have a lot more information than a lot of folks do.  No parity and a printout of your drive assignments.  Just skip instructions on dealing with those problems. (Personally, I always make a printout of the instructions of anything that I am going. Read them carefully, cross out anything that I don't have to do,  Finally, I do what is left and checkoff each step as I do it.)

You will, of course, have to get a new trial license somewhere along the way...

To make a backup of your flash drive.  Main   >>>  Boot Device   click on 'Flash' under the "Device" column.  Look for   Flash Device Settings   tab/section.  Click on the   'FLASH BACKUP'   button. 

Edited by Frank1940
2 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

To make a backup of your flash drive.  Main   >>>  Boot Device   click on 'Flash' under the "Device" column.  Look for   Flash Device Settings   tab/section.  Click on the   'FLASH BACKUP'   button. 

And you should always get a new flash backup anytime you make any configuration changes. This is especially important when you make any changes to the disk assignments; i.e., adding, removing, replacing.