[Support] HaveAGitGat - Tdarr: Audio/Video Library Analytics & Transcode Automation


386 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

 

                                         Mds6wem.png

 

                    Tdarr

 

Application: Tdarr - https://github.com/HaveAGitGat/Tdarr

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/haveagitgat/tdarr

GitHub: https://github.com/HaveAGitGat/Tdarr

Documentation: https://github.com/HaveAGitGat/Tdarr/wiki

Discord:https://discord.gg/GF8X8cq

Reddit:https://www.reddit.com/r/Tdarr/

 

 

GitHub Summary:

 

Tdarr is a self-hosted web-app for automating media library transcode management and making sure your content is in your preferred codecs. Designed to work alongside Sonarr/Radarr and built with the aim of modularisation, parallelisation and scalability, each library you add has its own transcode settings, filters and schedule. Workers can be fired up and closed down as necessary, and are split into 3 types - 'general', 'transcode' and 'health check'. Worker limits can be managed by the scheduler as well as manually. For a desktop application with similar functionality please see HBBatchBeast.

 

- FFmpeg/HandBrake + video health checking (Windows, macOS, Linux & Docker)
- Use/create Tdarr Plugins for infinite control on how your files are processed:https://github.com/HaveAGitGat/Tdarr_Plugins
- Audio and video library management
- 7 day, 24-hour scheduler
- Folder watcher
- Worker stall detector
- Load balancing between libraries/drives
- Tested on a 180,000 file dummy library with 60 workers
- Search for files based on hundreds of properties
- Expanding stats page

 

Currently in Alpha but looking for feedback/suggestions.

 

unRAID setup screenshots below:

 

Usage examples:

https://gfycat.com/cooperativetestyjaguarundi

https://gfycat.com/uneveninconsequentialguernseycow

 

searchScreen.thumb.PNG.480177b6127452d33bd5205a0595ff22.PNG

 

 

zofsBP5.png

 

 

8vEmI7d.png

 


For unRAID please see the following screenshots for the MongoDB and Tdarr container configs:

 

qnP9YhI.png

 

7WFU0AJ.png

 

 

2019-12-16: Please note I'm on a 2 week break. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by HaveAGitGat
break update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tdarr   Application: Tdarr - https://github.com/HaveAGitGat/Tdarr Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/haveagitgat/tdarr GitHub: https://github.com/HaveAGitGat/Tdarr Documenta

Nvidia support is in the works. 

Click the info tab on a failed one do you see a permission errors?

Posted Images

Is there a way to get Tdarr transcoding with the help of the GPU instead of the CPU like the Handbrake app with Nvidia NVENC access that's in the app store?

I've used that app on my unRAID server for a while and works fine, but want the automitation that come's with Tdarr. I've set up the Tdarr container with the same settings as in the Handbrake container regarding NVENC settings, and also exported the preset I use in Handbrake so Tdarr can use the same Handbrake settings, but can't get the hardware transcoding to work. It still transcodes with the help of the CPU only.

Link to post
  • 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, HaveAGitGat said:


Yes make sure to use HandBrake in the tdarr_aio container. NVENC with FFmpeg is in the next update. 

Awesome and great work so far loving the meta data stripping and thanks for the super fast response. so if i use the Tdarr_Plugin_s7x9_winsome_h265_nvenc plugin it will use handbreak or is there something else i have to do?

Link to post
1 minute ago, nicksphone said:

Awesome and great work so far loving the meta data stripping and thanks for the super fast response. so if i use the Tdarr_Plugin_s7x9_winsome_h265_nvenc plugin it will use handbreak or is there something else i have to do?

Glad you find it useful 👍. No there’s nothing else. Just add the winsome plugin to your plugin stack. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Glad you find it useful 👍. No there’s nothing else. Just add the winsome plugin to your plugin stack. 

Great one last thing (2 part) looking at the code for that plugin its set to 4k res will it encode at original res if the file is say 1080p? not great at code so im guessing at what im looking at also should i be using the metadata stripping plugin with it or is that in the plugin?

Link to post

No HandBrake doesn’t upscale by default so if you transcode a 1080p video with that plugin then it will come out as 1080p, not 2160p.

 

And the winsome plugin doesn’t remove metadata so use the metadata plugin as well. Tdarr may do multiple passes on the file (removing metadata, transcoding to h265 etc) but just let it run and the file will eventually end up in the ‘success’ tab. 

Link to post
1 minute ago, HaveAGitGat said:

No HandBrake doesn’t upscale by default so if you transcode a 1080p video with that plugin then it will come out as 1080p, not 2160p.

 

And the winsome plugin doesn’t remove metadata so use the metadata plugin as well. Tdarr may do multiple passes on the file (removing metadata, transcoding to h265 etc) but just let it run and the file will eventually end up in the ‘success’ tab. 

Nice thanks for the support and the great work do you have a donation page setup so i can buy you a beer?

Link to post
30 minutes ago, ijuarez said:

Just asking, how is this different from unman if?

Tdarr is a server version of HBBatchBeast with library management tools and a lot of customisation on how your files are processed.  
 

It’s best to try both and see what suits your goals. 

Link to post
13 hours ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Tdarr is a server version of HBBatchBeast with library management tools and a lot of customisation on how your files are processed.  
 

It’s best to try both and see what suits your goals. 

good morning putting the build though its paces i have come across these issues so far . 

 

3 hours ago the docker stopped it self.

 

When going to /settings you get an initial load then the page goes white tested this on chrome and edge both so the same and edge had never been to the page before. 

 

These are the none file reference lines i could find in the logg

 

TypeError: Cannot read property '107' of undefined
at tablesUpdate (server/main.js:3344:16)
at runWithEnvironment (packages/meteor.js:1286:24)
TypeError: Cannot read property '107' of undefined
at tablesUpdate (server/main.js:3344:16)
at runWithEnvironment (packages/meteor.js:1286:24)
TypeError: Cannot read property '107' of undefined
at tablesUpdate (server/main.js:3344:16)
at runWithEnvironment (packages/meteor.js:1286:24)
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx":{"id":"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2":{"id":"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx":{"id":"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2":{"id":"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
TypeError: Cannot read property '107' of undefined
at tablesUpdate (server/main.js:3344:16)
at runWithEnvironment (packages/meteor.js:1286:24)
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx":{"id":"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2":{"id":"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx":{"id":"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2":{"id":"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null 

Link to post
2 hours ago, nicksphone said:

good morning putting the build though its paces i have come across these issues so far . 

 

3 hours ago the docker stopped it self.

 

When going to /settings you get an initial load then the page goes white tested this on chrome and edge both so the same and edge had never been to the page before. 

 

These are the none file reference lines i could find in the logg

 

TypeError: Cannot read property '107' of undefined
at tablesUpdate (server/main.js:3344:16)
at runWithEnvironment (packages/meteor.js:1286:24)
TypeError: Cannot read property '107' of undefined
at tablesUpdate (server/main.js:3344:16)
at runWithEnvironment (packages/meteor.js:1286:24)
TypeError: Cannot read property '107' of undefined
at tablesUpdate (server/main.js:3344:16)
at runWithEnvironment (packages/meteor.js:1286:24)
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx":{"id":"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2":{"id":"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx":{"id":"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2":{"id":"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
TypeError: Cannot read property '107' of undefined
at tablesUpdate (server/main.js:3344:16)
at runWithEnvironment (packages/meteor.js:1286:24)
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx":{"id":"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2":{"id":"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx":{"id":"7wS7XRuwDx3gFBDyx","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null
Server: Scanner Folder watcher:{"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2":{"id":"9ebdMQN3oBYPLmMx2","filesToScan":[],"oldLength":0,"newLength":0}}:null 


Hi nick, thanks for posting the error log. Which version are you using? It specifies at the top right of the page. And are you using the tdarr or tdarr_aio container?

Link to post

Also, did you delete any libraries before the error occurred?

 

Seems the issue is to do with the scheduler on a library that doesn’t exist. 
 

A quick fix you can do is go on the ‘Dev’ tab and click ‘Clear database’ which will reset everything. You’ll need to restart Tdarr afterwards and put your settings in again. 

Edited by HaveAGitGat
Link to post
1 hour ago, HaveAGitGat said:


Hi nick, thanks for posting the error log. Which version are you using? It specifies at the top right of the page. And are you using the tdarr or tdarr_aio container?

tdarr v1.0055 not the aio and yes i deleted 2 yesterday as i was using 1 plugin per lib rather than 1 lib and multi plugins i will try the purge and let you know if it shuts down tomorrow

Edited by nicksphone
Link to post
6 hours ago, nicksphone said:

tdarr v1.0055 not the aio and yes i deleted 2 yesterday as i was using 1 plugin per lib rather than 1 lib and multi plugins i will try the purge and let you know if it shuts down tomorrow

Ok thanks 👍. Did you click the ‘Delete all libraries’ button yesterday?

Link to post
15 hours ago, HaveAGitGat said:

Ok thanks 👍. Did you click the ‘Delete all libraries’ button yesterday?

No i clicked clear db.

The docker stayed up over night to that is good.

I have noticed using the nvenc plugin cpu usage maxed out on the pinned cores so i dont think its using the 1050ti to encode even though  i added NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES and NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES to the docker. 

Edited by nicksphone
Link to post
5 hours ago, nicksphone said:

I have noticed using the nvenc plugin cpu usage maxed out on the pinned cores so i dont think its using the 1050ti to encode even though  i added NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES and NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES to the docker. 

I am in this exact situation. Perhaps I'm missing a key piece here, which I believe is the distinction between tdarr and tdarr_aio. How would one go about using the tdarr_aio container? There is only one app listed for tdarr.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, kernelpanic said:

I am in this exact situation. Perhaps I'm missing a key piece here, which I believe is the distinction between tdarr and tdarr_aio. How would one go about using the tdarr_aio container? There is only one app listed for tdarr

I'm using the normal docker the only one in community apps

Link to post
6 hours ago, nicksphone said:

No i clicked clear db.

The docker stayed up over night to that is good.

I have noticed using the nvenc plugin cpu usage maxed out on the pinned cores so i dont think its using the 1050ti to encode even though  i added NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES and NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES to the docker. 


Hi Nick,

 

You need to setup the tdarr_aio container to use hardware transcoding. There’s not currently a CA template so you need to enable searching Docker Hub in your UnRaid settings. Please see this for container settings:

https://github.com/HaveAGitGat/Tdarr/wiki/2---Installation

 

The settings are very similar to the tdarr container which you have installed at the moment. 
 

 

There will be a CA template for tdarr_aio later today. 

Edited by HaveAGitGat
Link to post
50 minutes ago, kernelpanic said:

I am in this exact situation. Perhaps I'm missing a key piece here, which I believe is the distinction between tdarr and tdarr_aio. How would one go about using the tdarr_aio container? There is only one app listed for tdarr.

Please see my response to Nick above. 

Link to post
On 11/8/2019 at 7:48 PM, HaveAGitGat said:


Hi Nick,

 

You need to setup the tdarr_aio container to use hardware transcoding. There’s not currently a CA template so you need to enable searching Docker Hub in your UnRaid settings. Please see this for container settings:

https://github.com/HaveAGitGat/Tdarr/wiki/2---Installation

 

The settings are very similar to the tdarr container which you have installed at the moment. 
 

 

There will be a CA template for tdarr_aio later today. 

I tried the aio docker and I get this error

Warning: file_exist(): Unable to find the wrapper "mongodb" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? In /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamic.docker.manger/include/Helpers.php on line 283

 

 

I have the same mongo settings as the other docker

Link to post

Hey! 

So..

 

I was going to make a post if you could add custom output folders.

But before I post here, I saw there was an update.

 

And can see that you have added that option!!! Fuc**ng amazing! :D

 

(explanation for why I wanted it)

 

I don't like that there are different formats in the plex folder, so the opportunity to convert them before they enters the folder is super nice.

 

 

So far I have tested for a few months on files that are not part of the plex folder to see if everything works properly!

And it just runs without any flaws, it's so cool! 

Right now i have a vm as a converter, which I look forward to getting away and using only your docker.

 

Keep up the good work

 

Sincerely EmilionDK

 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.