Array spinning down randomly

Nozlo

Hello unRAID community!

Day 1 on unRAID, so far so good. This is my first server, hypervisor, homelab so I am doing my best to gain as much knowledge as I can.

My question, I have my nextcloud container running with the help of plugins/apps. With the hours I have spent working on the server getting everything to work properly I have had the parity check on my 2TB hdd running. Fast forward an hour later it is 3am and I head to bed. I wake up, hop on the computer and find issues with connecting to the hypervisor. It will just say website unreachable. I then run to the server, fans running like normal seems to be powered on but I cannot connect to it. Okay, I hard reset it, connect to it like normal finally works. I then do some other objectives I had planned, take a couple hour break and come back to find that the drives spun down. It seems to me that the drives are "going to sleep". I cannot figure out why these drives are spinning down when I am not commanding them to spin down.

I clicked on the parity drive and found an area that might contain the issue (linked below). I changed the setting from default to never. Will this fix the issue where my drives are spinning down when my computer goes to sleep or could this be an issue in the BIOS on my server.

Whatever logs you need, feel free to ask. I am very new to the home lab scene. 

Thank you in advance!

https://gyazo.com/29a33c616fedbf9b69dc7ef130d627e8

Drives spinning down when not in use is normal and a feature of Unraid, since each drive is independent they don't all need to spin all the time. The first part of your post doesn't really seem like it is about spun down drives though. And if you hard reset then you should have gotten a parity check for unclean shutdown when you started again, but you didn't mention it. Did you cancel that parity check?

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Drives spinning down when not in use is normal and a feature of Unraid, since each drive is independent they don't all need to spin all the time. The first part of your post doesn't really seem like it is about spun down drives though. And if you hard reset then you should have gotten a parity check for unclean shutdown when you started again, but you didn't mention it. Did you cancel that parity check?

Intresting. I attached the .zip file you requested.

Update: I went out for a while and yet again the hypervisor is unreachable after a while. I never have an issue while I am actively using the hypervisor, it is when I step away that issues occur.

homeserver-diagnostics-20191124-2132.zip