Move disk from Array to Parity

louij2

Just now, Squid said:

New config doesn't actually do anything other than let you re-assign your drives.  Your data will be safe on everything (except of course whatever you assign to the parity slot)

I selected keep data last time and all my docker disappeared could that be cos it was stored on my cache?

Edited by louij2
aaa
8 minutes ago, louij2 said:

Hi it now says that the parity is invalid

Yeah, you didn't have a parity disk to begin with and since it hasn't been built yet from the data drives still remaining, then it is invalid.

9 minutes ago, louij2 said:

that my drives are unmountable and that I need to wipe them to add???

Post a screen shot

Except that you didn't do a rebuild and then attempt to mount the old drive.  You issued a new config, and every drive now thinks it has a duplicate UUID, and is now unmountable.  Due to the potential of loss of data, I'm bowing out until the filesystem expert can have a gander at this and advise accordingly.  A new config in and by itself should not make every disk unmountable.

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Except that you didn't do a rebuild and then attempt to mount the old drive.  You issued a new config, and every drive now thinks it has a duplicate UUID, and is now unmountable.  Due to the potential of loss of data, I'm bowing out until the filesystem expert can have a gander at this and advise accordingly.  A new config in and by itself should not make every disk unmountable.

Okay thanks

51 minutes ago, Squid said:

Can I just shut the NAS down?

14 hours ago, Squid said:

Sure.  That won't make a difference either way.

3 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Rebooting should fix it, if it doesn't please post new diags.

Thanks for your help I think it is Rebuilding parity now.

Array.PNG

Edited by louij2